Corps in the Heat at Mesquite (TX) - July 24, 2023

4 minutes ago, t.a.r.b. said:

Love hearing the corps song mixed into the opener.

As an alum who hasn’t seen their shows in well, a while… when did we start being from City of Industry instead of Diamond Bar?

Just in the last 2 years or so. We still do most of the early season camps at DBHS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lawdn said:

Enjoyed PC a lot but seemed a bit rough and energy seemed lower. It must be near impossible to clean effectively and perform at peak the long the corps are in this heat. 

I really feel it's the Flo Stream.  I loved SOA in San Antonio and tonight this stream felt flat.  I wonder if it's just the sound balance.  But PC looked to be missing a ton of Brass (3 Tubas, at least 3 trumpets, it looked like 2 or 3 Euphs and maybe 1 or 2 Mellos). I think the bug got everyone.

• Like 1

I loved this Colts show in person.  They play beautifully!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spacewill said:

I really feel it's the Flo Stream.  I loved SOA in San Antonio and tonight this stream felt flat.  I wonder if it's just the sound balance.  But PC looked to be missing a ton of Brass (3 Tubas, at least 3 trumpets, it looked like 2 or 3 Euphs and maybe 1 or 2 Mellos). I think the bug got everyone.

Visual looked rougher than usual to me, but with the holes and the heat it would be understandable. More in the details - forms still looked good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Praying the kids are ok and a speedy recovery. 

Luckily PC has 4 days of no competitions.  Quite a bit of travel to Alabama but they can take it slow and easy!

• Like 3

Bonus points for any drum major that has the guts to turn on the podium and holler to Dan “What was that?” Tonight. 

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, spacewill said:

9 out tonight for PC, but mostly due to injuries and a viral bug per a check in with Admin. Not the same as the Cavies thing. Should be a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

These Colts uniforms are really nice. They actually function as uniforms and look good on everyone. I might have gone with a bit more contrast for CG from brass/percussion but it is fine. 

Edited by lawdn

Just now, lawdn said:

These uniforms are really nice. They actually function as uniforms and look good on everyone. I might have gone with a bit more contrast for CG from brass/percussion but it is fine. 

haha...they really are ugly but fit the show.  I don't care though, I love how this corp marches and plays!!! They are really turning this into a great production!

• Like 2