I will not be outdone by other Drum Corps Internet Trolls (I own VMAPA.org)

18 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

As far as I am following, once under the umbrella of whistleblower no matter what one says everyone else is only allowed to agree.

This an insult to anyone who has had to report a problem, either because it happened to them or they were a witness (raising hand on second one).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 5

A lot of people think that the board needs to be overhauled. Anyone who had a hand in the mess that the VMAPA organization is currently in needs to go, and should have been thrown out immediately. Period. Name a business that continues to keep people in charge that has ruined the companies reputation and financial grounds that has continued to operate successfully and has the communities trust.

I'll wait.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

a “pincer move” in concert to uproot the board and staff,

Pointing out that the organization is out of compliance in the state is characterized as this. Okay...

5 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

won’t speak to anybody to provide advice,

Literally not true. Have spoken to many in leadership of VMAPA and VAA.

5 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

but will in the future if paid,

I've been historically exploited throughout my career in nonprofits and can't function when I can't pay the bills. Vanguard already took my young life from me. The especially won't get free labor anymore if they act like you have in this thread.

6 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

under the label whistleblower takes the position that any dissatisfaction or explanation of dissatisfaction is hostility and retaliation. 

Then have VMAPA actually conclude my whistleblower complaint. By their own accounts, it's still open. The employer/perpetrator of harm does not solely get to define when retaliation has occurred.

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The is an insult to anyone who has had to report a problem, either because it happened to them or they were a witness (raising hand on second one).

Amen! Sadly, it is abundantly clear that the sole purpose of the poster to whom you are replying is to defend and protect the status quo with no commitment to curiosity or objectivity. Two things can be true at once.

Edited by arabica
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grandpa Joe said:

A lot of people think that the board needs to be overhauled. Anyone who had a hand in the mess that the VMAPA organization is currently in needs to go, and should have been thrown out immediately. Period. Name a business that continues to keep people in charge that has ruined the companies reputation and financial grounds that has continued to operate successfully and has the communities trust.

I'll wait.

This is a good example of others in this thread and the community calling for a changeover in leadership.

I have never done so publicly intentionally because I like to maintain hope that leadership can change. Especially when I've so painstakingly attempted to create channels of communication. Others have too. On my behalf.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

This is a good example of others in this thread and the community calling for a changeover in leadership.

I have never done so publicly intentionally because I like to maintain hope that leadership can change. Especially when I've so painstakingly attempted to create channels of communication. Others have too. On my behalf.

I'll be the first one to call for an overhaul in leadership. Until then, the organization has lost all trust, credibility, and support from myself and many others I've been in discussion with. We may not be alumni, but some are donors and fans of the organization. Well, they were.