Wow, no one wants to discuss VANGUARD?

What I mean is, enormous sensitivity is required of everyone to self-identified victims. However, when others are anon sensitivity should be extended to them as well and in my view it has not been. I don’t need to be trusted.  I’m logging off for real this time. 

14 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

You are not the victim here. As the great PeeWee Herman said, "let me let you let me go."

What a sad state of affairs.

In the military we were taught that the first thing that you deal with is the thing that will kill you first.   If there is a bad guy chasing your jet 10 miles behind you, but a mountain is 1 mile in front of your jet, deal with the mountain first.  

To apply this to the SCV situation, the financial/legal situation needs to receive the most attention right now.   Get in verifiable compliance with the law.   Not one note can be played, nor one flag spun for 2024 (or any future season) until compliance is achieved.   Make plans for member safety - think big picture initially and get more specific as the financials get into compliance.   IMHO you are doing valuable work in laying out the foundation for what will be needed for member safety.   But until there is financial/legal compliance it won’t matter (at least for SCV; activity-wide is a different discussion). 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

What I mean is, enormous sensitivity is required of everyone to self-identified victims. However, when others are anon sensitivity should be extended to them as well and in my view it has not been. I don’t need to be trusted.  I’m logging off for real this time. 

You don't have the standing to preach about this to me.

Your first string of comments here were openly laced with victim blaming, identified not by me, but by other posters here. Nobody is stopping you from signing out. Your reputation continues to be unmarred, anon.

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In the military we were taught that the first thing that you deal with is the thing that will kill you first.   If there is a bad guy chasing your jet 10 miles behind you, but a mountain 1 mile in front of your jet, deal with the mountain first.  

To apply this to the SCV situation, the financial/legal situation needs to receive the most attention right now.   Get in verifiable compliance with the law.   Not one note can be played, nor one flag spun for 2024 (or any future season) until compliance is achieved.   Make plans for member safety - think big picture initially and get more specific as the financials get into compliance.   IMHO you are doing valuable work in laying out the foundation for what will be needed for member safety.   But until there is financial/legal compliance it won’t matter (at least for SCV; activity-wide is a different discussion). 

By their own accounts, faulty or not, the financial situation is being handled adequately. Again, some of us disagree, but if we take them at face value, then everything's under control.

If that's the case, which I honestly hope it is, then that's why I push with safeguarding. If they move forward with 2024 then 🤓 👆🏽 I have questions and concerns that need addressing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DSpruce said:

Not talking about *me* talking about harsh condescending language broadly 

I haven't been talking to anyone else here except @IllianaLancerContra and @Richard Lesher.

Am I being harsh and condescending to you or them? Or someone else not here?

This is the textbook definition of tone policing. You are confusing assertiveness with aggression. Both are needed to get through to this corps and many of its alum though, and I won't apologize or back down from either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rmurrey74 said:

Here comes another closed thread. 

Yep.

In re to other comment: It has been specifically stated that there is no empathy for alum broadly speaking. That is an example. I am pointing out that I do not agree with the extremity of the one-way directionality of what is called for in communications. 

Edited by DSpruce

11 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I haven't been talking to anyone else here except @IllianaLancerContra and @Richard Lesher.

Am I being harsh and condescending to you or them? Or someone else not here?

This is the textbook definition of tone policing. You are confusing assertiveness with aggression. Both are needed to get through to this corps and many of its alum though, and I won't apologize or back down from either.

I’m not offended 

It has been specifically stated that there is no empathy for alum broadly speaking.

My empathy is extended to the victims of this corps who have reported to me first and primarily. My empathy and smooth communication with them can't give you a whole picture because it's locked behind confidentiality. But sure assume all of my interactions with alum are like this one with you.

Empathy is a two way street and by your own admission, our supposed interaction at meetings was awkward at best. That's not how empathy works.

I am pointing out that I do not agree with the extremity of the one-way directionality of what is called for in communications. 

And we disagree on this point. We're allowed to do that. Respectful communication is built on trust and we've already proven publicly that we don't have that. Nor does that exist between the victims on my roster and the organization.

Here's how my posts have remained on topic while addressing what can very loosely be called a discussion with you here: I've continually attempted to leverage our interactions as a broader representation of the lackluster PR and communication (both externally and internally) at our beloved corps. This does not bode well for an organization in turmoil. My concern about this is real and always has been.

You have posted "insider" information here admittedly under the influence of a substance before that post was removed by mods. I have screen shots. I don't recommend preaching to others about effective communication when that's the case.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typo
  • Confused 1