With DCA moving to DCI weekend....

1) Will DCA be a one-shot deal on Saturday, or will there be a prelims on Friday?

and

2) The part that relates to DCI:  Will your Semis and/or Finals DCI ticket get you in the door for DCA, or will it be a separate ticket? Has anyone heard how this is supposed to work?

2 hours ago, wolfgang said:

1) Will DCA be a one-shot deal on Saturday, or will there be a prelims on Friday?

and

2) The part that relates to DCI:  Will your Semis and/or Finals DCI ticket get you in the door for DCA, or will it be a separate ticket? Has anyone heard how this is supposed to work?

The present plan calls for a Saturday AM finals only with a separate admission for DCI All Age.

With the other DCI scheduled activities, a Friday? prelim show would need to be at 9am ending by Noon or they would have to find another site and go head to head with World semis. (I do not think many DCA groups would want the added 2 or 3 days expense of travel and housing to get to Indy by Wed.,)

The plan for now would allow DCA groups to plan their travel to Indy on Thurs night or Friday keeping the DCA weekend only theme for their members.

i've heard several things and options, nothing 100% sent in stone yet. but given everything else going on, i can't imagine more than just finals happening

1 hour ago, fsthnds said:

The present plan calls for a Saturday AM finals only with a separate admission for DCI All Age.

With the other DCI scheduled activities, a Friday? prelim show would need to be at 9am ending by Noon or they would have to find another site and go head to head with World semis. (I do not think many DCA groups would want the added 2 or 3 days expense of travel and housing to get to Indy by Wed.,)

The plan for now would allow DCA groups to plan their travel to Indy on Thurs night or Friday keeping the DCA weekend only theme for their members.

Well hell, we're all old so a 5am start would be perfect! I usually wake up around 3-4am anyway... :spitting:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i've heard several things and options, nothing 100% sent in stone yet. but given everything else going on, i can't imagine more than just finals happening

I cant remember where i heard it, or read it, but is sounded like All-Age and Open Class were going to be at the same show when Open Class only events occur? So maybe All-Age Prelims and finals would be on the same day as Open Class as well?

50 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I cant remember where i heard it, or read it, but is sounded like All-Age and Open Class were going to be at the same show when Open Class only events occur? So maybe All-Age Prelims and finals would be on the same day as Open Class as well?

i doubt that. that would require the corps to be there Monday and Tuesday.

and you had DCA corps at shows with world and open class all summer, including 4 at Allentown