Listening to drum corps in everyday life

Anyone else just listen to drum corps music the same way they would with any other genre? Like it's become just normal music for me to have on at any given time whether that be in the car, doing work, on a walk etc. The greatest feeling in the world for me is when whatever is going on in reality somehow, by some miracle, is synced to the music I'm listening to. Am I going to remember every nerve-wracking car ride I had as a teenager? Obviously not. Am I going to remember that time we crested a massive steep San Francisco hill and I had the 2nd movement of Sinnerman blasting in my headphones? YES. Just looking at the thing made me think I was going to die, but that riff was what really got my heart pounding. No one remembers every time they walk home from school after a bad day, but I can still see myself running out of the gates on a cloudy day with Kinetic Noise reaching its climax. 

That's what I love about drum corps. It makes the mundane memorable. 

• Like 5

I'm still waiting for the House Is Not a Home hit to play at the exact time I receive life-changing news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also if anyone is into horror and Halloween as much as I am, To Lasso The Sun works terrifyingly well for pre-Halloween shopping and preparation. I don't know why listening to the cowboy show while strolling down the aisles of Party City makes me feel like a demon queen reborn, but it feels freaking amazing. As I mentioned in my review, you could put the full show in an atmosphere playlist for a haunted attraction and (unless you're with people that have great taste in music) no one would notice a thing.

• Like 1

I listen to drum corps quite often in regular daily life. Some numbers: in my current collection I have 303 drum corps shows in my play list that consist of 58 hours and 27 minutes of drum corps to listen to. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I listen to drum corps quite often in regular daily life. Some numbers: in my current collection I have 303 drum corps shows in my play list that consist of 58 hours and 27 minutes of drum corps to listen to. 

i have no idea how many i have. i know i have every corps that made DCI and DCA finals, and the old senior RCA circuit for the years their finals were recorded. many recordings of corps who made finals at some point but didn't other years...stuff going back to i think 1948

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have no idea how many i have. i know i have every corps that made DCI and DCA finals, and the old senior RCA circuit for the years their finals were recorded. many recordings of corps who made finals at some point but didn't other years...stuff going back to i think 1948

1948?

I will never complain about 80s-90s drum corps having poor audio quality ever again🫡

Lol..... yes I listen to drum corps everyday almost nonstop. Each show has a story and I love it. 

I used to annoy my entire family. But hey! If you love something, you stick with it. I love drum corps!!

Funny enough... I used to have long hair and I actually head banged to Cavies 2001. I'm such a dork!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Lol..... yes I listen to drum corps everyday almost nonstop. Each show has a story and I love it. 

I used to annoy my entire family. But hey! If you love something, you stick with it. I love drum corps!!

Funny enough... I used to have long hair and I actually head banged to Cavies 2001. I'm such a dork!!

You ain't the only one who headbangs to Cavies 2001 here 🤘 The ending is a banger and anyone who says they didn't move a tiny bit while listening to it is lying, or they're a corpse.

• Haha 1

I proudly listen to mostly drum corps shows in my cars.  While on a road trip to a show I once asked the occupants of my car if they wanted to listen to every BD show since 1971.  They all laughed like it was a joke, but I was dead serious.  lol.   Man, some of those shows were ROUGH!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1