Shows that hit different when you know the lore

5 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

I saw

I'm so sorry but I saw the username and this is where my head immediately went to

On 8/25/2023 at 9:33 PM, Orwellian Wiress said:

What shows can you never watch the same way again after knowing the staff's true intentions for it?

For me it's The Cut-Outs. I saw it live, knew it was based on an artist. Fun! Colors! Dancing! Enjoying it even more because it makes some people mad!

Then I went to Big Loud & Live and saw the director interview. HOLY FRICK. "Actually it's about World War II" was the biggest plot twist of my life. I enjoyed it just as much on a second viewing but could not get the interview out of my mind, and I am 100% okay with that. The guy's comment about "the battery is gunfire" lives rent free in my head. I felt like the opposite of headbanging- I pretty much tensed up stiff like a corpse, covered in goosebumps head to toe when the drum break happened. 

BD basically pulled the smoothest stealth operation ever. Incredibly dark subject matter in a trojan horse of their typical imagery. Love that for them. Makes me wonder if House is Not a Home is about serial killers or something. I knew there was a reason that's my favorite BD song

Kinda reminds me of Cavies 2023.... lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I'm so sorry but I saw the username and this is where my head immediately went to

that was the intent - good catch

• Like 1

On 8/26/2023 at 10:38 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

The show may have been “Alice in Wonderland”-esque, but that wasn’t what it was about. It may have been trippy, but it wasn’t about drugs.

It was bringing to life the Wm. Blake poem that was quoted throughout the show. Now it is fair to debate the meaning of the poem, but it was not about drugs. 

I would say that the show definitely called out the kill joys of DCI. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

And Priests in black gowns, were walking their rounds, And binding with briars,my joys & desires.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

Oh yeah I can definitely see that interpretation. Speaking from personal experience here.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 9:04 PM, Hook'emCavies said:

Kinda reminds me of Cavies 2023.... lol!

Oh man! When I realized the 2023 Cavies show was really about the historical music and drill moves of the Cavaliers shows of years past...mind blown.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1