2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Prelims – Rochester, NY (DCA)

Out comes the red carpet as the drum line comes forward during the start of the third movement. All of the guard is now in formal wear as if this was itself a red carpet event.

John Mayer is conducting from a Coleman cooler. Now I’ve seen everything.

Oops!  I forgot about the time difference and missed the Columbus Saints. 

I see some familiar faces from last year in the Govenaires.

Finishing the show, the corps restates the Paparazzi theme on the right side of the field while the guard performs on flags on the left side. They then run back to the props and one of the guard members takes the red carpet to the sounds of cameras. One of the horns pulls his soloist mic off his horn and acts like he’s interviewing her.

Next on the field in DCA A Class competition is the New York Skyliners from Binghamton, New York. No show information is available on DCX Museum.

Govenaires:

Govenaires Govenaires Govenaires Govenaires

• Like 1

Show theme is “The Power of 3”. This is not based on the Doctor Who episode of the same name.

Skyliners program - The Power of 3

Edited by Mikah

Nice opening with a tenor on hand drum while a guard member dances around him with white fabrics.

Trumpet soloist plays the first part of the Bacchanal theme. After two baritones join into to make a duet, the full corps comes in on the full theme to complete the intro of the show.

On the first full movement, a trumpet, mellophone, and baritone trade off the melody, sometimes soloing, sometimes dieting. Three more trumpet join in before the rest of the corps adds in for a full out jam session.

Third movement is one I remember from the movie October Sky, performed by Boston Crusaders in 2008. Guard comes out with lovely starry flags, the background fading from gold to dark blue as if the sun was going down.