2023 Drum Corps Season – DCP/DCW COVERAGE – 2023 DCA World Championships Finals – Rochester, NY (DCA)

Brilliant swing flags even more bright color to the field as the corps powers into the finish of the final movement of the show.

Hawthorne Caballeros:

Hawthorne Caballeros Hawthorne Caballeros Hawthorne Caballeros Hawthorne Caballeros

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I only noticed one prop down. Hopefully it didn’t hurt

I’m thinking the judges didn’t’ notice as much as I did because they’re focused on their jobs.

Our last corps in DCA World Class competition is the Reading Buccaneers from Reading, Pennsylvania. Their 2023 program is entitled “Can’t Stop Won’t Stop”. Musical Selections include Equilibrium—Paul Lovatt-Cooper, What Could Have Been—Sting featuring: Ray Chen, and Backlash—Simon Dobson. Visual inspiration taken from the bold and dramatic styles of legendary Australian Performance Artist Leigh Bowery

Reading, are you telling me to stop? What if I can’t? What if I WON’T?

Opening statement is right in my face. It is loud. It is amazing. Also, drum line on the stage throws done from the first note.

• Like 1

Reading now on Backlash. Tenor section just gave a no rim click feature. Amazing.

Horn line is MOVING in two concentric rotating circles around a trombone quintet on the side two stage prop.

• Like 1

Next movement. I was right. This is Sting, specifically What Could Have Been. This is where the guitar player is featured, and he’s amazing.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I only noticed one prop down. Hopefully it didn’t hurt

Yep, one of the props fell on top a guard member while he was changing his uniform.