Santa Clara Vanguard 2024

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are you saying Blue Devils doesn’t own the building they use for bingo, storage, etc?

Yes, Blue Devils does not own the building they operate bingo out of. I can't attest to storage, etc...., but the bingo profit model of BD includes having to pay rent. 

This is why SCV's bingo operations are so much more profitable than BD's. If you compare SCV to BD bingo operations you will see SCV keeps WAY MORE Bingo above the line revenue that BD does. To the point, in some years SCV will NET MORE in bingo while still having less total bingo revenue than BD. 

Edited by Richard Lesher
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Richard Lesher said:

Yes, Blue Devils does not own the building they operate bingo out of. I can't attest to storage, etc...., but the bingo profit model of BD includes having to pay rent. 

This is why SCV's bingo operations are so much more profitable than BD's. If you compare SCV to BD bingo operations you will see SCV keeps WAY MORE Bingo above the line revenue that BD does. To the point, in some years SCV will NET MORE in bingo while still having less total bingo revenue than BD. 

I did not know that. 

I would have thought with a multi million dollar budget for 50+ years that they would have invest in themself more. 

2 hours ago, Richard Lesher said:

As it pertains to finance I'm only hanging my hat on that because the proof/documentation is black and white. It's not an opinion or hearsay. It's a statement by the CA DOJ. 

I only presume underneath all that overwhelming resistance to compliance is lord knows what. 

The question to be answer is: What is preventing administrative compliance, over and over, and over again and even in light of making it widely known to all stakeholders?????

liability? self interest?

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Had to go look it up.  The victim reported it in August, the investigation was concluded in October and no response regarding the recommendations in the report was given to the victim by DCI or Spirit. 

She went public on January 8, 2022.  https://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/176402-sexual-assault-spirit-of-atlanta-2021/#comment-3916475

DCI/Spirit reply was only 8 days later, on Jan 16, 2023. https://dci.org/news/spirit-of-atlanta-withdraws-from-2022-dci-tour

"With the assistance, guidance and encouragement of Drum Corps International, the Spirit of Atlanta organization will withdraw from the 2022 season to reflect, reorganize and plan for a stronger organization in 2023 and beyond.:

Sorry for the aside, just pointing out that it took public pressure to make DCI move.

Mike

same with Pioneer....Crossmen guy Moody and the director. wasn't there someone at Troopers too? I am sure we can think of more....oh yeah BD tenor last year

2 hours ago, DAYGO said:

Being that Vanguard just hosted a camp this past weekend, I thought I'd come to the SCV 2024 thread to see how it went.  Silly me....

per social media it apparently was great

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow.  Maybe for parades.  DCA isn’t even around anymore for them to try to weasel in there. 

i understand overtures were made and roundly ignored.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

same with Pioneer....Crossmen guy Moody and the director. wasn't there someone at Troopers too? I am sure we can think of more....oh yeah BD tenor last year

I believe there were multiple instances/people at troop that led to the corps director resigning due to her negligence

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I did not know that. 

I would have thought with a multi million dollar budget for 50+ years that they would have invest in themself more. 

not owning means no maintenance costs. insurance is probably less too.

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i understand overtures were made and roundly ignored.

Interesting as saw RB one year at Annapolis for DCA getting into the VIP van to go to the show. Other people talking to each other and he just sat there with a blank look staring ahead. 🤔

Edited by JimF-LowBari

12 minutes ago, RiverCityAndTroopersFan said:

I believe there were multiple instances/people at troop that led to the corps director resigning due to her negligence

correct. and historically drum corps/DCI only acts when it becomes knoweldge, especially if those affected speak up. thats why some have skated over the years...no one will go on the record. Remember the stories that came out about Oregon Crusaders, and suddenly boom they folded.