Cadets Suspend for 2024

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

I don't understand this comment.  The press release wherein they announced they were not going out also announced their executive director resigning.   

It was way down in the article. I didn’t see that the ops manager is out too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If you don’t like it, shut up or go away?  Yeah that attitude had nothing to do with it. AxelL nailed it. 

Sometimes you need to tell the vocal minority to shut up. Their #####ing brings nothing to the table. The activity was going to evolve with or without them. 

In the past 12 hours I think I have seen at least 4 dozen comments on social media on how props and electronics are the reason why corps fold and that is just brain dead wrong. If you want to have a serious conversation about the activity, at least understand the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I heard and I don’t know this to be true, that the ops manager left the fleet in storage somewhere and racked up a big bill. Really big. Could be complete BS but it has come down the pipeline. 

I’ve heard conflicting stories on the dollar amount. Granted no one on the inside is really being transparent right now. But now Erie has housed  2 inactive drum corps in 5/6 years

• Like 2

Just now, ContraFart said:

Sometimes you need to tell the vocal minority to shut up. Their #####ing brings nothing to the table. The activity was going to evolve with or without them. 

In the past 12 hours I think I have seen at least 4 dozen comments on social media on how props and electronics are the reason why corps fold and that is just brain dead wrong. If you want to have a serious conversation about the activity, at least understand the issue.

Yes electronics have costs. Props too. The big issue for props is extra fleet to transport them. More vehicles, more drivers, more fuel costs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

So there is some truth to it. 

Some. But not sure who to believe 

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

I don’t think it’s props and electronics.  I believe it’s food and housing and fuel. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yes electronics have costs. Props too. The big issue for props is extra fleet to transport them. More vehicles, more drivers, more fuel costs.

Everything adds cost, but in perspective, how much is that cost?  Using the SOA numbers, it's not much in the grand scheme

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think it’s props and electronics.  I believe it’s food and housing and fuel. 

That's because your are smart and reasonable, the clowns on Facebook and Reddit are not.

• Like 1