Bobby Knight dies at 83

20 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

He drifted in and out of the drum corps orbit, to varying reviews. My own memory might be altering the reality of the event, but I recall a short visit by the coach to our corps in which he praised the work ethic and devotion to excellence that he saw in the activity.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but someone told me that one time, instead of holding practice, he put his team on a bus and took them to a Star of Indiana practice, and had his players sit and watch........then told them afterwards "if you practice half as hard as they do, we'll win it all"

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

The player that Bobby Knight threw the chair at was Steve Reid, who went to Purdue. And graduated from Purdue. Although he did briefly attend Kansas State. My father was at this game. 

The player that Bobby Knight choked was Neil Reed. He was the one that also attended Southern Miss. 

The many points of abuse and bullying by Coach Knight can be confusing.

I forgot about the choking.  😬

1 hour ago, mingusmonk said:

The player that Bobby Knight threw the chair at was Steve Reid, who went to Purdue. And graduated from Purdue. Although he did briefly attend Kansas State. My father was at this game. 

The player that Bobby Knight choked was Neil Reed. He was the one that also attended Southern Miss. 

The many points of abuse and bullying by Coach Knight can be confusing.

I knew he was abused somehow.