DrumCorpsAF Minisode – Drum Corps TEA Episode 1

Appreciating the concern and well wishes for Vanguard.

A clarification. VMAPA was never in danger of losing their federal non profit status,  AFAIK. They have been out of compliance with the state of CA's DOJ's charity registration for years. I've been through the weeds about this since I discovered it and starting telling others. Some fans and alum don't care or think it's important, some have lost trust over it... there's so much to unpack IMHO.

But that tea is probably too hot for the DCAF crew.

12 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

This podcast states that SCV is not competing in 2024.  They will tour and perform in shows.  They will be judged, perhaps scored... but still "not competing".  Can anyone corroborate this?

Perhaps they confused nomenclature?

As far as my notes go from 9/19 board webinar:

• touring as a nonmember corps
  • revenue share loss
  • competing in world class category as a "first year corps" and will be performing first at shows prior to San Antonio
  • San Antonio and beyond: performance order reset according to competitive placement
  • can apply for DCI membership on Sep 24

I believe there are other differences for nonmember corps, but didn't capture in my notes. Perhaps no ability to vote? Anything else I'm missing?

VMAPA leadership continue to iterate that these differences will not adversely affect the member experience.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Perhaps they confused nomenclature?

As far as my notes go from 9/19 board webinar:

• touring as a nonmember corps
  • revenue share loss
  • competing in world class category as a "first year corps" and will be performing first at shows prior to San Antonio
  • San Antonio and beyond: performance order reset according to competitive placement
  • can apply for DCI membership on Sep 24

I believe there are other differences for nonmember corps, but didn't capture in my notes. Perhaps no ability to vote? Anything else I'm missing?

VMAPA leadership continue to iterate that these differences will not adversely affect the member experience.

I would only add as a point of clarification - they still get appearance fees at shows.  Only the post-season revenue sharing payment is totally lost.

I rarely waste the time on podcasts.  This one reminds me why.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

"AF".....?  After fishing, Always fascinating, Artichoke fever, Apple fritter?  

As ####

• Sad 1