For the Holidays I Would Like??

17 hours ago, Lance said:

So you want Christmas in late June is what you're saying?

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve read articles that Jesus Christ was actually born in June so why not? 😆 

The Cadets did alright with CHRISTmas in August.  There are those who say Jesus was born in March.  Prof. Google will keep you busy about this.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TOC said:

The Cadets did alright with CHRISTmas in August.  There are those who say Jesus was born in March.  Prof. Google will keep you busy about this.

That was a very good drum corps but I thought it only had enough gas for fourth place. Got that one right. I was at their first show in Louisville at Papa John’s. I also predicted the Blue Stars wouldn’t make finals with the New World show with that rock sitting there in the front of the field. I predicted Crown would win but they didn’t.

There are all sorts of theories. The angel visited Mary in September, nine months later Jesus was born theory.  They try to make it line up astrologically.  

I received the last present under the tree every Christmas; that was just one of my family's traditions. I am a sap for the holidays, so when a hand-crafted, vintage, or family heirloom was the present, everyone was very happy! Most of all me, burbling at the surprise, at the exquisite selection, at the fine craftsmanship.

Which is all I want from drum corps every year, during its summer "holiday": exquisite selections, fine craftsmanship, indeed surprises.

And I'll be darned, if after 51 years of joining the celebration, pageantry "Santa" doesn't still deliver just that -- often!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TOC said:

well til they had him do backflips anyway

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t drink anymore but I used to enjoy Bulliet Rye with angostura bitters and a couple of luxardo cherries. Throw an orange peel in too, but it’s not necessary. That’s the only drink I miss. 

how old fashioned of you.

and me later tonight since you put the idea in my head

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That was a very good drum corps but I thought it only had enough gas for fourth place. Got that one right. I was at their first show in Louisville at Papa John’s. I also predicted the Blue Stars wouldn’t make finals with the New World show with that rock sitting there in the front of the field. I predicted Crown would win but they didn’t.

There are all sorts of theories. The angel visited Mary in September, nine months later Jesus was born theory.  They try to make it line up astrologically.  

it was a great drum corps that like so many others, got weighted down with bad ideas coming from one source

• Like 2