CA Dept of Justice issues SCV "LETTER OF GOOD STANDING"

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a systemic problem in the entire activity. 
wizard-of-oz-man-behind-the-curtain.gif

Yup. Some corps worse than others 

• Like 3

@Richard Lesher, Everything I'm reading to this point seems to indicate that the most revenue-secure way to continue for 2024 is to shut down Bingo for a month, change the bingo hall locks, nuke the entire staff, hire a new team with some morals, and completely revamp the business process.

Is it just a matter of making the commitment to clean up bingo ASAP to be able to move forward with some security for '24 and further? If that is indeed the case, I'm wondering if there are area alumni that would volunteer, while putting aside previous conflicts-- petty or otherwise, to try to save their corps.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brian1313 said:

while putting aside previous conflicts-- petty or otherwise, to try to save their corps

A lovely idea. But this is a giant barrier. This stuff is enmeshed and engrained over decades and so many of us have given up. Myself included now after a recent public and humiliating spat with another alum. Their drive to humiliate and friendly-fire other alum they disagree with seems endless. I want nothing to do with them and feel less safe to attend a show now than ever.

I hope others still standing are stronger than me.

Cue the trolls crying "me me me" in response to my sharing of my own experiences, which is all I have left now.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Sad 2

53 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

A lovely idea. But this is a giant barrier. This stuff is enmeshed and engrained over decades and so many of us have given up. Myself included now after a recent public and humiliating spat with another alum. Their drive to humiliate and friendly-fire other alum they disagree with seems endless. I want nothing to do with them and feel less safe to attend a show now than ever.

Cue the trolls crying "me me me" in response to my sharing of my own experiences, which is all I have left now.

I wouldn’t let them stop me from going.  They usually talk a big game on the interNUT, but when you run into them eye-to-eye, they have pee dribbling down their leg because they’ve encountered you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I wouldn’t let them stop me from going.  They usually talk a big game on the interNUT, but when you run into them eye-to-eye, they have pee dribbling down their leg because they’ve encountered you. 

💪🏽 Ty Terri. It means a lot to hear that from you, genuinely.

Beyond them, the whole experience has still proven very triggering for me so we will have to see. Flo might be it for me for a while. 6-8 hrs one way just to be triggered is a tall order. An old timer Troop vet comforted me last time though, which was nice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scheherazadesghost said:

it's sad you feel like you can't go to a show. there's people i have disagreed with...alums, others...and at no time seeing other has it gotten abusive or uncomfortable. mostly we all seem to go out of our way to avoid each other. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

or scurry away like CB did when i walked right up to her and introduced myself at Scranton. Her speed surprised me LOL

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Honestly, I would love to meet you and shake your hand

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2