March Madness DCI Edition 2024

Voted! '99 Cavies drill was killer. No one moved like them for a few years after that. The Cavies shows during that time were just on another level with regard to execution. I loved about half of the Cadets from 2007 but even though I didn't mind the narration as much as others it was just too much. The end of that show though is one of my favorite endings. 

Thanks for putting this together!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, frank4now said:

Voted! '99 Cavies drill was killer. No one moved like them for a few years after that. The Cavies shows during that time were just on another level with regard to execution. I loved about half of the Cadets from 2007 but even though I didn't mind the narration as much as others it was just too much. The end of that show though is one of my favorite endings. 

Thanks for putting this together!

It sucks being a new(ish) fan of DCI sometimes, as I didn’t get to experience a lot of these shows or witness the impact some of them had on the activity. I like to do my research tho and am aware the beast the Cavies were in the late 90’s and early 00’s. Cadets 07’ is an interesting show to me. Absolutely love the music of the show, didn’t mind the narration until about 70% of the way into the show and even then I could put up with it haha. I really enjoyed Santa Clara 86’ for its time but always a tough battle comparing over a few decades.

Guess that’s the fun of it! Glad you’re enjoying!

Posted (edited)

16 corps left standing! Bracket is updated and voting link is live in the topic starter or below!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfS5OgcJOAFerf_aloHu443F3HnHqLmpZ7Khv3WIkz_mnZm2g/viewform?usp=sf_link

Some higlights:

• #1 seed has fallen in the first round
  • 1989 Phantom Regiment had dominate victory, winning 27-1
  • Blue Devils 2011 vs 2016 ended in a tie, settled with a coin flip, 2016 advanced!

We'll see what tomorrow brings us 🙂 

Edited by OhioBoy_99

There be some Devils hate going on here..lol That 2004 show was da bomb.

49 minutes ago, frank4now said:

There be some Devils hate going on here..lol That 2004 show was da bomb.

Saw it once, only remember some train-y special effects. I'm sure the kids were great because they always are, but the show didn't make an impression.  SCV and Cavaliers were sucking up most of the oxygen that season.

Projecting that Cavaliers 2003 and Star 1993 will be the final head to head. Would have a hard time making a call on that one.