March Madness DCI Edition 2024

Hey all! It's that time of year again! March Madness DCI Edition. There seemed to be a decent amount of people who enjoyed this last year and I did as well, so thought I'd bring it back!

I did some digging through last year's thread for this year's topic and there were a lot of good suggestions, but the theme I decided on this year will be....

The Greatest Shows to Almost Win, a tournament to decide the favorite silver medalist!

The top 34 highest-scoring silver medalists will compete until a winner is crowned. The bottom 4 shows will open the tournament with a play-in round starting this Sunday!

I'm going to switch things up just slightly this year. I found a website that allows you to create your own predictions on the bracket for those who enjoy a little friendly competition. You can cast your predictions and follow along on that bracket as the week progresses. To submit a bracket, it seems you'll have to submit an email, but you can probably provide a fake one. I don't believe it asks you to verify it.

I'll post a google survey link starting on Sunday to vote for each round and will update the bracket accordingly with the results.

Voting for the play-in round will open Sunday (3/10) at 5pm est, and each round will start at the same time each proceeding day. Per usual, don't take it too seriously and let's have a good time!

Bracket:

https://challonge.com/3xw8av4s

2024 March Madness Winner:

1989 Phantom Regiment

Edited by OhioBoy_99
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3/10/2024 is the first day of daylight saving time, so it will be EDT, not EST.

• Thanks 1

Lots of tough ones right out of the gate. 

2015 Crown vs 2019 Bloo. Whatta I do whatta I do.. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TOC said:

Wasn't the 99 Cavies announced in third place because of the tie?  Sorry for being picky.

Probably a bit of oversight but you are correct! Must’ve missed that when I was sifting throw scores.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:45 AM, TOC said:

Wasn't the 99 Cavies announced in third place because of the tie?  Sorry for being picky.

Yes...but when two people/groups tie, the lower rank of the two is dropped.  So in 1999 third place was the highest non-winning placement.

On 3/7/2024 at 6:45 AM, TOC said:

Correct. Putting aside my extreme Cavies self, I think it's fair. There was a tie for first which makes, in a sense, 3rd place the kinda sort of 2nd place corps.