mouthpieces for Bari's

kimelabari

Schilke 47. Good lead bari mouthpiece.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently play a Bowman Custom Mouthpiece on my Willson, but have played many including the Shilke 51D and 52E2 as well as the Denis Wick 4AY and the Peratucci 2B. I also own a custom Doug Elliot. When I was in Phantom I played a Schilke 51D on my euph. They gave us the standard Willson TA1 but hated it. Here at my high school we require all marching baritones to play 51D's and marching euphs to play 52E2's. In concert season most opt for the 52E2 for a darker sound, but sometimes they have to work a little harder on intonation.

Woot!, I love the bigger pieces. Having to work harder on intonation never bothered me. I always felt more comfortable on the 51D or 59. Even in the upper partials, I loved having the feeling of "power" from the piece. Anyone else get that feeling? Or is it just my wierdness?

• 2 weeks later...

I've used a small shank Bach 6-1/2 AL for small bore trombone and baritone since '83 and a large shank Bach 5G for large bore trombone and euph since '86 and I turned out OK... B)

Seriously, those work great for me, but I haven't really tried much else besides a 12C, which is too small. For me.