drum judge on dvd's

Jeff Ream

i thought it was awsome to watch all the corps with the percussion view and tape on. We (Renegades) got judged a couple times last season by Allan. he was a cool guy.

I like the percussion tapes cuz u can here the drum parts alot better.

heres my break down after watching the DVD's,

Snares: Cadets. there was that one part of the show where they just never stopped!!! OMG

tenors: SCV, i dont have an explanation, they were just awsome!

Bass's: BD easily! just phonomenal

And SCV wins the cymbal line of course!

good stuff.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During Phantom's show if you're listening to the drum judge while watching from the percussion angle, you can hear a guard girl shout "MOVE!" and see Alan get in the way of her drill work. (It's during the portion where the guard is running from the front sideline as they emerge with their yellow flags.)

That's hilarious! i'm going to have to listen for that.

Man, I was watching SCV's show with the perc tape on...and wow, we were cracking up with his verbage.

"The phrasing, the crecendos....they're, dare I say it...B*TCHIN'"

b**bs

LMAO!

well the only one i have seen was the Cadets.......i wasnt inpresed with the judging at all......i realize its finals and all but it seemd that the judge hade nothing but ### kissing to say....i would like to hear him at least pick out some small details........i think he only said two negitive things..

and about Boston......my buddy ....marched tennors..this summer....we just graduated HS....that makes me sick.......oh and all their camps are in FL this winter.....must be nice

I am not really trying to step on your toes here, but did you hear "some small details" that he might have missed...cause that line/pit was pretty much nailing absolutely everything that night. There is even one part where he says he is trying to find something to nail the pit on, but can't. When a judge says that, you know you are having a good night. Bottom line: he only said a few negative things because that's all there was to find (that he was in position to hear...could have been things he missed, who knows).

Edited by drumholio

there was definately stuff on the perc. tape eddited out. during the long roll towards the end of the cadets feature it just goes silent. then comes back in with him saying "NOT LIKE ITS EASY OR ANYTHING!" my guess is just that there was some "chioce words" if you will.

-chris

During Phantom's show if you're listening to the drum judge while watching from the percussion angle, you can hear a guard girl shout "MOVE!" and see Alan get in the way of her drill work. (It's during the portion where the guard is running from the front sideline as they emerge with their yellow flags.)

That's hilarious! i'm going to have to listen for that.

Man, I was watching SCV's show with the perc tape on...and wow, we were cracking up with his verbage.

"The phrasing, the crecendos....they're, dare I say it...B*TCHIN'"

b**bs

LMAO!

yup

Bass's: BD easily! just phonomenal

:wall: <**>

i disagree

:sshh:

SCV's were better. Yes, BD played some awesome things, and clean, especially the end of their show, but Vanguard was better overall, including the clarity and "evenness" department.

-Giancarlos

Edited by Gbassman5

As far as my experience, most judges don't give many comments except "wow" on the finals recording. It doesn't do much good for anything, there are no more shows, so being criticle isn't gonna help them with that show. So I think most judges just try to enjoy it and keep track for thier scoring, but it doesn't matter what they say on the tapes for Finals, they don't review thier tapes before writing thier number down, though sometimes i think they should review them b4 writing the number down.