Will Madison switch to Pearl?

gumby5647

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it could be they stay with Yamaha if the deal is with the Madison Drum and Bugle Corps association and not just the Scouts. If it's the whole organization, I don't see them changing.

Not that I see them changing anyway. When Magic went from Dynasty to Pearl, that was more because of Hannum acting as a consultant and hating the Dynasty stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

drumcorpbc speaks the truth, I'll never forget the day Thomm Hannum came marching in "What is THIS?", got on the phone, and later that evening they announced a formal switch from Dynasty to Pearl. However, from what I know, Madison won't be switching anything reguarding sponsors. Not only will they be playing Yamaha stuff, they will also be using Vic Firth sticks and mallets. (Yes folks, that means the McNutt line won't be using IP-CMs.) Either way I expect greathings out of Madison this summer, reguardless of what brands they are endorsing.

-Mickey

Madison won't be switching anything reguarding sponsors. Not only will they be playing Yamaha stuff, they will also be using Vic Firth sticks and mallets.

I've heard the same thing. Yamaha keeps Madison!

Does anyone know the last year Madison did NOT play

Yamaha? What brand did they use?

I think they've been with Yamaha at least 15 years.