1980 DCI Finals

Would you rather hear "Do You Want To See The Wizard"???? b**bs

"Do you want to see the Wizard" was 76, I believe...77 was the Tornado drum solo... :P followed by "Gonna Fly now"...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.. :P

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you want to see the Wizard" was 76, I believe...77 was the Tornado drum solo... :P followed by "Gonna Fly now"...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.. :P

OK.......how 'bout "Chameleon"???? B)

OK.......how 'bout "Chameleon"???? B)

Chameleon was played in 75 with Phil Bunton as bari soloist. In 76, we played Wizard with Dave Morgan was the bari soloist. Both years had the same muscial ending - with 4 "cowbells" clanging to tell the corps to rise and finish its chord.

"Do you want to see the Wizard" was 76, I believe...77 was the Tornado drum solo... :P followed by "Gonna Fly now"........

Tornado? I marched 77 - never heard or knew that drum solo had a formal name. We practiced African Welcome Piece and Music for Pieces of Wood in the wintar, but anarchy and bodily threats prevented it from ever getting on the field.

Edited by LancerLegend

Chameleon was played in 75 with Phil Bunton as bari soloist. In 76, we played Wizard with Dave Morgan was the bari soloist. Both years had the same muscial ending - with 4 "cowbells" clanging to tell the corps to rise and finish its chord.

Tornado? I marched 77 - never heard or knew that drum solo had a formal name. We practiced African Welcome Piece and Music for Pieces of Wood in the wintar, but anarchy and bodily threats prevented it from ever getting on the field.

I believe "Tornado" was the "official" title from the Wizard. :P :) Just making an observation to the guy. I know you marched that year but my husband also knows a lot about that year cause that is the year he fell in love with the 27th Lancers and knew he had to fly from California to march in 78. He could've marched BD, but his heart was with 27. :)

My husband says, that the drum solo in 78 wasn't meant to be "Kansas" but Art Fabriezo put in "Miracles out of Nowhere"..( I love that song).

Edited by Lancerlady

ya got that right

:blink:

*I'd be happy just to have the hair I had back in 80!*

Edited by Bob Brady

Please don't!

Told you before Nancy, "Fanfare to Rocky" was AWESOME. :blink:

Told you before Nancy, "Fanfare to Rocky" was AWESOME.  :blink:

:huh: Thank you BDLegend however is that because you played it the same year? :huh: :P

or

was it the other Rocky song we played the same year 1977?

Edited by LancerFi

Ya know it's amazing and proof that 1980 was a great year for drum corps......just look how many times we keep coming back here!  :blink:

Oh to be 20 again!

ya got that right

Ha! Ha! I was only 19 in '80, you old farts!!!!!! b**bs