Favorite Hornlines

bandette bari2

I really like the cavie's hornline these past couple of years. Being a low brass guy, I just love to have more of a bass voice evident in the sound. Phantom also ranks high in my book for that reason.

I am gonna have to go with Phire on this one.. I agree. The Cavie's hornline has a rich, full ensemble sound that I definitely enjoy. It seems to be one of the more balanced lines, almost an anomaly, whereas you see most lines that are built from the higher voices down or the lower voices up.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite brass shows to listen to would be Blue Devils 93'.

Though I must say phantoms show last year just completely blew me away the hornline was amazing.

no comment...... ^0^

^0^ no comment here too...........

Some of my favs:

1980 Spirit

1984 Garfield

1986 Blue Devils

1987 Garfield

1991 Star of Indiana

1992 Star of Indiana (forget about whether or not you like the show, LISTEN TO THEM!!!!)

1993 Star of Indiana

1999 SCV

2003 Phantom

Based on DCI Finals 2003,i would say for all round sound quality i would go with the Cavvies,so in tune and so crisp,at times it sounded like one player.

For solid upper brass power and cleanliness,that would go to BD

And for the rich lower brass has to go to PR ( my overall favorite package of '03 )

Sorry guys but CBC just did'nt cut it for me this past season.

Some of my favs:

1980 Spirit

1984 Garfield

1986 Blue Devils

1987 Garfield

1991 Star of Indiana

1992 Star of Indiana (forget about whether or not you like the show, LISTEN TO THEM!!!!)

1993 Star of Indiana

1999 SCV

2003 Phantom

(usual disclaimer) About Star anyway... and well, all the rest listed there...w/Stp:

1995 Phantom, 1990 Star, 1992 Cadets (I know, the mellos are out of tune -- it's all about the raw emotion at the end of that show -- off the hook) 1999 Cadets (I LOVE THE MELLO PARTS. PERIOD and they were SO LOUD). Anyone worth their salt would love 1993 Blue Devils Hornline, not to mention 1995 Madison Scouts... I was there at finals in '95-- GOOD LORD!

Edited by CabsMello03