Who was that guy????

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel free to ask your own "Who was that guy" I just wanna know...........

1)  Who played timbale/bongos in 1975 Blue Devils???

2)  Who played chimes for 1975 27th Lancers??

3)  Who was that drum major from Etobicoke that everyone loved??

4)  Who was that drum major from 1977 Bridgemen that put on the Pagliacci

makeup??  or Gene Gene the Dancing Machine??

5)  Who played Alice in Madison's 1971 show??

6)  Who will admit to being in The Thing??

7)  Who can claim to having done the "bottle dance" for SCV??

8)  Who was that Contra from 1974 Cavies who passed out after "Somewhere

over the Rainbow"??

9)  Who was part of Star of Indiana's Circus show??

10)  Who was part of Cavies' Circus show??

The answer to question # 2 is Eddy Jaques from Rhode Island

John

Director William Howards daughter Bonnie. The first (only?) female to march with the Scouts. (History of Drum Corps Vol II)

My question is did she march the VFW Championships? Madison had a lot of non-traditional bits in that show and the VFW heads would not let the Scouts use them without being DQ'ed.  :wub:

Jim,

Having marched in that show, I believe she did march '71 VFW--the next time I see Bill Howard I'll ask him to verify it. I was in the guard that year as one of the 7 dwarfs and because of the VFW rules we weren't allowed to use our costumes.

As for Bonnie, she was the first female to march with the Scouts. Also, at 1980 VFW, the Scouts had several women (if I recall, some wearing beards!!) in the American flag section--it was a one-time thing. As I understand, the Scouts will be featuring a woman in the "Carmen" show this summer.

Jim,

Having marched in that show, I believe she did march '71 VFW--the next time I see Bill Howard I'll ask him to verify it.  I was in the guard that year as one of the 7 dwarfs and because of the VFW rules we weren't allowed to use our costumes.

As for Bonnie, she was the first female to march with the Scouts. Also, at 1980 VFW, the Scouts had several women (if I recall, some wearing beards!!) in the American flag section--it was a one-time thing. As I understand, the Scouts will be featuring a woman in the "Carmen" show this summer.

Whoops! I meant to say she did NOT march '71 VFW. Again, I'll check with Bill Howard.

Whoops! I meant to say she did NOT march '71 VFW. Again, I'll check with Bill Howard.

Oh, man! I just looked back on this thread after my 2 previous posts and realized that I already replied back in March. . . . Geesh, posting on these boards is like being drunk on not knowing when to stop.

Sorry!

The name Joelle rings a bell.

Joel Alleyne to be exact.

Oh, man! I just looked back on this thread after my 2 previous posts and realized that I already replied back in March. . . . Geesh, posting on these boards is like being drunk on not knowing when to stop.

Sorry!

LMAO, I saw your recent answer and thought "Now how in the #### did Dans post from a few months ago get reposted" Flippin' time warp man... :P

Look underneath my avatar to see when I joined. This is like, the FIRST thread I ever started. :wub: