Tuba (Contra) lines

robot

Well I know that we gave him more then a case of Dew! We also included special request for drill, and if I recall not one of them said let's move like pedestrians out there. One asked for a contra gate, which incidentally we got a few days later, and the other asked for a jazz run at the end of the show. Hey we got that too. Two pretty difficult moves if I can recall.

The only other thing we ever asked for was to be on side 2 of the field most of the show so that we could see the drum major better. It worked out for us pretty good there too. Jay is one awesome guy man. And he does take care of of the line.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But sometimes IMHO the tuba line should have some part where they are featured and that doesn't happen enough for me. I know I really don't matter but this is just my opinion :) .

Take a gander at ECJ's show this year..I think you will be very pleased!

Oh and eightyonepointthree I am not in the business of pointing out mistakes because I wouldn't want anyone doing it to me. I was simply saying my opinion, nothing more nothing less. I even had a compliment in there for them as well. I think there all great guys and I respect them all enough not to throw there trash out in the open. B)

• 4 weeks later...

35 lb's? hmm, okay lol, take your word on that one, but I doubt it

As for sheer talent - I dont' think anyone can touch BD's line, I just don't, and they do what they're asked to. I'm going to go with BD for last year...Regiment lost control on occasion, and couldn't move nearly as well when it comes down to it, but if it came down to heart and volume I'd say Regiment..

Edited by raphael18

I definitely have to give some credit to the 2003 Cavaliers contra line. Nobody else on any field can move with 35lbs. of metal like those guys.

I don't think anyone's contras weigh 35 pounds (according to the manufacturers' websites), but those guys still move and play really well. :)

• 1 month later...
35 lb's?  hmm, okay lol, take your word on that one, but I doubt it

I don't know about Bb Tubas, but my DEG G 3 valve contra is 35 lbs. I noticed the difference immediately compared to the K-90.

Edited by tubadon