Serenade in Brass '04

any recordings of the Caballero Competeing and/or Alumni corps please let me know!!

Hope everyone liked the show. Nice job Gordini!! :silly:- :rolleyes:- :bleah:- :wub:- :wub:-

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of the Hitmen Brass Band, I would like to thank everyone who attended Serenade in Brass for the warm reception we received. It's alway a thrill to perform in front of such a drum corps saavy audience. Thank You

David Martin, director

Hitmen Brass Band

Fran

It was great to see you and Barbra at the show and breakfast , I’ m glad Rickie & I were not the only ones to over sleep. (Where did that hour go)

Thanks for the kind words but after hearing the new horns on the great forum stage I think the horns we were playing last year were the kazoos. As for the Nay-Sayers G vs Bb How about the combined corps playing Flamenco Cha Cha G and Bb playing on the same stage together what a sound.

Now the Big Guy Nate (that’s big in talent, not in size) what a super kid. I could watch him all day, he could make the snare line but he has to grow into the drum. We would work a deal out with Chet for his little green pickle snare but Nate said he liked the challenge of playing the 10 instruments he has now.

The only problem I see is with everyone’s eyes on Nate they will miss they great Michael Gaines Drill.

Nate is the new Sandy McNeil!

and thanks for the kind words on Shore. we loved doing it!

as for the parts to America(the Latino) those parts are intact from the day we got them in 1990. not one change in 14 years!

as for the parts to America(the Latino) those parts are intact from the day we got them in 1990. not one change in 14 years!

I guess my brain was scrambled from hearing the full horn line that I thought the parts were new at the end. Still in awe two days after from the performance.

How about the combined corps playing Flamenco Cha Cha G and Bb playing on the same stage together what a sound.

Always loved the Cha Cha from back when I played in the 70s. Adrian Kreuper (sorry about the spelling) told me about the combined corps doing the song and finally I got to hear it. My wife wondered why I was drooling and repeating "Over 100 horns, over 100 horns...." :P

I guess my brain was scrambled from hearing the full horn line that I thought the parts were new at the end. Still in awe two days after from the performance.

so are we! you have to love a drumline that can take famous 85 Suncoast groove and make it fit America. actually, funny story. the 2nd half was mostly written on the fly, as we needed to know it that day, and we decided to throw in licks from the drum solo that needed clean(Suite For Jazz Orchestra from the 90 show), and 2 bars from the beat.

hey it works :P

Nate is the new Sandy McNeil!

We just need to teach him how to say "get funkaaaaayyyy"

don't tempt me ^0^