info needed: Omaha Railmen

So I'm just really curious about the only drum corps from the state of Nebraska and want more info on it. Anyone know why they folded? What did their uniforms look like? What were the corps colors? And alums around that want to chat with me about it? Anyone interested in reforming it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were sponsored by Union Pacific, and featured the UP logo on their jacket front as well as on their basses. DCI did a segment on them on either the '86 or '87 broadcast, talking about the costs of fielding a corps back in those days, and how they were trying to offset the costs. Good segment.

yeah.....just read that. thanks though ;)

anyway's.....

I've set up a Yahoo Group if anyone or alums want to get together and chat about old times.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/railmen

edit: I corrected the link so it will work. Joined the group myself, hope it catches on, I miss the Railmen

Edited by Psiguy

So I'm just really curious about the only drum corps from the state of Nebraska and want more info on it. 

You can't fool uncle z--he remembers the Crimson Cadets from Norfolk!!!!!!! :)

I remember several Railmen who joined Sky Ryders in 1987 and several aditional who showed up for the winter tryout camps for the 1988 season.

My good friend Dave Weinberg, former drill designer for VK and Bushwackers, used to write their drill way back then

I remember several Railmen who joined Sky Ryders in 1987 and several aditional who showed up for the winter tryout camps for the 1988 season.

One of the former Railmen to march with 88 Sky Ryders is none other than Jed Weeks, a former members and solist for SCV, and now brass caption head for SCV.

Tim Kviz