VK 92

This is the first VK show I have ever heard, I've never seen a video of them. I never knew a drum corps could make a crowd laugh that hard. The crowd laughed like 10 times, not to mention during a quiet moment. I think I am going to buy this DVD because I love cadets, crossmen, SCV, and VK's show alot that year.

mmm Fiddler on the Roof, great sop solos :silly: b**bs

anyways....

VK kinda opened up a whole new dimension of drum corps for me, they had (i don't know the word, don't want to call them gimmicks), but were so clean and intense at the same time. This is one of the many corps I want back so bad. They could add so much to the activity now in this time of "homogeniousation" hehe I made a word :)

:silly: I also heard a little bit of SCV's 92 show in VK's 92 show. anyone else hear this?

B)

Edited by Brian

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first VK show I have ever heard, I've never seen a video of them. I never knew a drum corps could make a crowd laugh that hard.

You should definitely get the DVD. Velvet Knights in 1992 was a visual treat as well -- not just for the antics but the way they incorporated their uniforms into the show. They were tuxes that were red in the front, white in the back and made great use of the colors.

Alas, this was VK's last gasp at greatness. The slide started the next year, and we never saw them in finals again.

Velvet Knights use a bit of Santa Clara Vanguard's "Bottle Dance" from Fiddler on the Roof.

If you liked 1992, you might like 1988's "Magical Mystery Tour."

And I love those Vans sneakers they wear! 

:)

Might as well throw in the MMT I from 1987 as well.

Heh, I remember watching that show at Pacific Procession in '92. That was SCV's 25th Anniversary that year. Those of you that have seen the Finals show might remember the "bear" that held up the sign that said "NOT". That night at PP, they held up a sign that said "Happy Anniversary SCV". The crowd loved it. High class from a deeply missed corps.

...and jl, those are CONVERSE shoes.

B)

2KOOLVK

Ufortunately I didn't know what drum corps was until the same year that VK hung it up. But I am a huge fan of what they accomplished and what they have brought to the activity of today. Always a fan-favorite,even if the judges don't get it. 1990 is definetely my favorite show to listen to, and despite all my efforts, I have not been able to find a video of that show for VK. If any1 out there could help me out as to where to find this video I would greatly appreciate it.

VelvetKnights92b.jpg

Godzilla versus who? :silly:

VelvetKnights92a.jpg

please explain these, I have no clue what's going on, I still want a pic of the VK shark for my desktop background :( never seen it

Godzilla versus the Energizer bunny is the 1st picture.

The 2nd picture is the fat lady singing with the pit holding a sign saying "It ain't over 'til...". That was shortly before they shark came out and ate the fat lady.