Star of Indiana

What is your favorite show?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite show?

He was truly special.

FWW I saw the corps nail those crosses several times that year despite what it looked like in finals. Bloomington (Mid-America) regional was fairly tight despite it being only days old at the time.

Yes he was, that George Zingali. Sigh. Part of me really regrets not spending time with him towards the end when he was dying. But then part of me remembers the last time I saw him at DCI finals in 1989 and he looked so good then, before he really declined and that's how I really like to remember him - shooting the #### or having a cocktail with him in all his glory... Now I'm going to tear up here at work and that's not cool.

I saw the '91 show twice, once at Lynn Mass the very first night of the cross2cross move - man what a moment. And then again at Bloomington, which was my last live corps show until this past summer.

1992 was a big disappointment for me that is sandwiched in between two incredible shows.

It is sorta strange how 92' has become the Lost Star year, maybe closely followed by 86'. The 92' music was fairly beefy. Horns were top notch. Sixteen Contras! Drums were no slouch either. The visual program was in transition after the loss of George and there was a noticable effort to be more 'approachable' for the average fan. I will not say the E word for that is a touchy subject and best not argued here. All and all there wasn't much wrong, but for some reason it just doesn't stick with folks. Most don't even remember that they hardly lost a show until semis that year.

We had a blast playing Amber Waves at the reunion. Cool piece.

Michael, I HAVE read the story...and it DID choke me up...it wasn't a criticism so much as an observation...it doesn;t make me fast forward past it like, say, The Frack in 89 BD

Sam, I totally agree. The only disappointing thing that night was the end wasn't as tight as it could have been. My beef is with the DCI camera work during the moves between the crosses. The Anthology DVD thankfully contains the high camera track. :worthy:

Ouch! The 'frack' heard round the world. I remember hearing the air come out of the audiance with a unison 'ooooooo'. :wub:

Thanks Shane, I had been wondering who did the drill for the '89 show, couldn't remember. Did Brubaker do '88 also?

Uhhh..... I can't seem to remember who wrote '88's drill. Maybe Brubaker, not sure at all though. Chromik could answer this I bet.

It was indeed Steve Brubaker in 88'. He was a great guy, but we were always pretty much second class citizens to his Green Machine. He would come in here and there, but was never as involved or as hands-on as George and Mark. Wait a minute, did I just say 'hand-on' in reference to Zingali. Uh oh. Might be a repressed memory. Yikes! :worthy:

Just kidding. Those who knew him, loved him. Both his good points and bad. We were not worthy. :angel:

• 2 weeks later...

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

• Like 1