Star of Indiana

What is your favorite show?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite show?

Does anyone know where you can buy the ‘Star of Indiana Anthology DVD’, besides the DCI Store? I just hate to pay $10.60 for S&H, and their totally unresponsive customer service is unforgivable. There is a Star Of Indiana website that sells merchandise, but they don’t have the DVD listed. I’m thinking that DCI probably has a monopoly on this item.  :(

You should be able to get the Star Anthology DVD at the DCI souvie booth they set up for feature shows and regionals, if you attend such shows. That would save the shipping costs, though the summer is a long time to wait.

I saw Star play their last regular season show in Little Rock, Arkansas in '91. They nailed that show. I believe even Bill Cook has stated that show was his favorite Star performance ever. Watching them rehearse that day and play that night was truly amazing.

I can't remember what year it was... But they were doing a "circus" theme show.  Loved that.

'87...."The Greatest Show on Turf" FAB show!

Michael, I HAVE read the story...and it DID choke me up...it wasn't a criticism so much as an observation...it doesn;t make me fast forward past it like, say, The Frack in 89 BD

1992 was a big disappointment for me that is sandwiched in between two incredible shows.

Because they tried to please the crowd instead of being true to themselves...look at what they did when they DID stick to their guns!

'Course, it took 10 years for people to start appreciating 93, but still...

'90 was an awesome year.  Great music, incredible drill. 

The end of '91 can still bring me to tears, knowing that was Zingali's last bit of work for us all to enjoy. 

'93.... very influential and ahead of it's time.

'89... I'm partial to this show for some reason,  hmmm.  I often wonder what it would have been like if Zingali had written that show instead of Brubaker.

Over all if I had to choose just one show....'90!

Thanks Shane, I had been wondering who did the drill for the '89 show, couldn't remember. Did Brubaker do '88 also?

That '90 drill is unreal. I never saw that year live (Sorry Ashley, I know, hard to belive!!!!) and now I wish I had. I had a Very Deep Visual Thought (as only George could inspire one to have) the last time I watched the DVD - something about the end of the drill from the '90 show is the begining of the show from '91. I'm going to have to watch it again to see if I was right.

ignore...double post

Edited by SaraNYC