2 valve kings

Sideways

Is it just me or were some of the old 2 valve kings some of the best bugles ever played on the field.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a two valve king mello. That horn is so wonderful to play. Thanks to Impulse for selling it to me.

When I was thinking of coming back to Corps I bought a King 2v Bari off of eBay. Man was I lucky, horn looks like crap due to a LOT of missing finish and a bunch of dents and bell crinkles. But the valve action is A-1 and sounds great. Reminds you of the beat up looking car that can blow everyone else off the street.

Supposedly it's an ex-Velvet Knights horn

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Is it just me or were some of the old 2 valve kings some of the best bugles ever played on the field.

Yes, indeed they were the KINGS of the field back in the day. Spent 4 seasons behind a K-50 mello after previously playing a DEG flugel and soprano. Just this year a purchased a K-50 in great shape. It was like sliding on an old pair of jeans. Just right. Now I just wish I had a gig to play with it. It has to play second fiddle to my F mello (Kanstul) nowadays. Now if I could just find a nice sop to go with it.........

Oh man, King had it to an art. The K-90 remains one of the best bugles I've played. Wonderful horn, so easy blowing. Really loud.. :)

So true!!! I am playing on one right now and it's definitely the best contra I've played on. I believe the one I am playing on right now was formerly a Devils contra.