Obscure/Mysterious Drum Corps

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the Amoeba of Coon Valley?  Weren't they one of the smallest corps on record or something?

Yeah, Coon Valley Amoebas!!!!

I seem to recall some kind of corps song, but I can't quite remember the words....... B)

What about the Amoeba of Coon Valley?  Weren't they one of the smallest corps on record or something?

Eggbert, again I asked drum corps historian Brian Tolzmann who was the smallest corps.....this is his reply;

The Braintree, MA Braves were active on the field through 2001. They never fielded more than 20 members over their last dozen seasons, and never marched more than 10 in their final five seasons. For a number of years they put a corps of 5-10 members on the field, and actually competed once with a three-member corps.....one horn, one drum and one flag.

Also.....back in the 1940's and 1950's a gentleman from Illinois, named Jerry Havelka marched in every American Legion National Convention Parade as the "One Man Drum & Bugle Corps". He played a bugle, drum and cymbal all at the same time while marching down the street. I suppose you could call this the smallest drum & bugle corps.

BT

I seem to recall some kind of corps song, but I can't quite remember the words....... B)

You know Fleetwood Records is in Revere, and on one of their albums, (we have them all-my sister worked there) they have the Coon Valley Amoebas song on it...they must have had extra space on the vinyl so used it!

Nanc

You know Fleetwood Records is in Revere, and on one of their albums, (we have them all-my sister worked there) they have the Coon Valley Amoebas song on it...they must have had extra space on the vinyl so used it!

Nanc

LancerFi:

You realize that you must now post some way for us to access that song.

Now, this is just a rumor, but I had heard that there was some dissensionin in the corps that caused a split! Can anyone confirm? Obviously, the fact that they no longer exist (that we know of) it must be true. But consider this, if they lived up to their name, how would we know they were here?

Rocketman - Amoeba Fan Club

ampssuck

The Thing was created when the Cedarburg Thunderbolts merged with Milwaukee's St. Patrick's Imperials. Both corps actually appeared separately at the start of the summer, then later came on as The Thing.

Their uniforms were a blend of the purple T-Bolts uniforms with the green of the Imperials. Kind of fit their name.