Celebrity Alumni?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The noted Al Chez of the Late Show with David Letterman marched with The Garfield Cadets in the early 80's. Sorry Al, I forget the years....82 to 83??? I think?

PEACE.

my boyfriend and I went to a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert back in May and we got to talk with the band for a bit.  We were chatting with the string bass player, Dirk, and we told him we did drum corps.  He said "Oh, really?  You know, our drummer [his name escapes me] marched something like that ... in California, I think."

So we think that BBVD's drummer marched either BD or SCV (probably BD)

Belive it or not it was neither, he marched VK. He was a member of the pit. name escapes me though.

The noted Al Chez of the Late Show with David Letterman marched with The Garfield Cadets in the early 80's.  Sorry Al, I forget the years....82 to 83???  I think?

PEACE.

That's right! I forgot about that. I met him in Allentown. I was hanging with a group of people after the show Saturday and he was there. What a cool guy! That was awesome.

Thanks Chris - you rock.

The noted Al Chez of the Late Show with David Letterman marched with The Garfield Cadets in the early 80's.  Sorry Al, I forget the years....82 to 83???  I think?

PEACE.

That's right! I forgot about that. I met him in Allentown. I was hanging with a group of people after the show Saturday and he was there. What a cool guy! That was awesome.

Thanks Chris - you rock.

HEY!!! What's going on?? Good to see you on the board!!!

PEACE!

Edited by mellos

my boyfriend and I went to a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy concert back in May and we got to talk with the band for a bit.  We were chatting with the string bass player, Dirk, and we told him we did drum corps.  He said "Oh, really?  You know, our drummer [his name escapes me] marched something like that ... in California, I think."

So we think that BBVD's drummer marched either BD or SCV (probably BD)

I went to grad school with one of their trombone players and played in the same jazz band with him. I don't think he marched corps though.

Hey there Star peeps! B) What? No mention of me marching Star? Just you wait...I WILL be famous...especially if I can schmoooooz Al up for a David Letterman gig ;)

I did play with Lea Delaria in P-Town this weekend and a guy that played trombone with Roomful of Blues along with John Demasi (old dude trombone player that is kick ###). It was trombone madness I tell ya! I was definately the weak link in that chain. :music: Remind me that bad things happen when I try to play tunes I don't know the changes for the next time I try that one. Oh yeah, also played with Zoe Lewis and Roxanne Layton (recorder player from Manheim Steamroller). Fun weekend.

Edited by SaraNYC

Jazz great Chick Corea marched back in the 60's with an eastcoast corps but I can't remember the corps.

I'd say that'd be the St Rose Scarlet Lancers of Chelsea, Mass., but I can't credit my memory for that one........ :music:

Depends on how you define famous:

• Chris Nalls - Director of Renegades
  • Ray Atlas - Singer at the Met
  • Chris Komer - French Horn extroidanaire in New York
  • Don Barozo - worked with the Simpsons show since its inception
  • Bill Rounds - Celloist with the Boston Pops (peformed on Schindliers List sound track)
  • Paul Armstron - performs with Maynard Ferguson
  • Randy Riggs - Waco Texas City Councilmen....running for Mayor
  • Diane Fashing - peforming in Nashville at the Grand Ole Operi thing a ma bob
  • Sandra Clark - french horn for with the Toledo Symhony
  • Gary Brattin - member of the Taipei Symphony and directory of many killer bands in Taiwan
  • Gino Cipriani - can't recall what he's done....taught some group in Blue, then Maroon, Green, and now Maroon again
  • Well...I know I haven't covered everybody.....but we've been blessed with many talented individuals

LOL.. we should put up an FAQ about Neil Peart