Celebrity Alumni?

I am unaware of any famous Regiment alums, other that Miss Spears.  Not Britney of course.  :P

Pete Bond, principal Trumpet in the Metropolitan Opera, marched Regiment in 1976 and 1977 (may have had more...) and had the solos in both shows I believe.

Also, J.D. Shaw (I consider him famous) marched 1990 and 1991.

That's all I can think of, someone let me know if i've gotten any of this wrong.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for a fact that Tyler Stewart of Barenaked Ladies marched in Aurora Ambassadors for 2 or 3 years in the early 80s.

Walt Omecienski (sp) produces shows for the FX channel and he marched bluecoats in the mid 80's

There is also a percussionist from Quebec that plays with my pal Zoe Lewis who's name is Sylvie Richard.

We had a drum corps chat a few years back and she said she had marched in a snare line for a Canadian corps - can't remember the name though. I aged out in 1985 and she's pretty much my age. She's in Colorado now, she's also a ski instructor. I'll try to email her sometime to get the name of the corps.

Most of the people I see mentioned here would hardly qualify as "famous" as far as the general public is concerned (does John Q Public know the names of the musicians in Letterman's band, for instance?). Perhaps "notable" would be a better word.

As far as Spirit is concerned, notable/famous alumni include Scott Collier (drummer for Brother Cane), Chris Martin (principle trumpet for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra), and Carla Azar (talented LA drummer). I'm sure there are others I've neglected...

Alan <Goober> Chez(novitz)

Garfield Cadets 1978-1982