Bravo to Glassmen's Flugel Solo

Wow..once again, Mr. Kevin Creasey of the Glassmen, played another superb flugelhorn solo....

Just like last year's flugel solo in the middle part!!!

What a great player....I just wish that more people had yelled for him, but since he was not screaming a solo, it was just polite applause for a great player!!!

Good luck to this kid in the future!!!!

Cheers,

Mark in Austin

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favorite pieces of the entire night.

Great job!

Hmm...symphonic quality, symphonic-style applause. After playing that good, I would have considered my yelling "Oh yeah," cheering wildly, or clapping like an ape to be, well, rude.

I liked Glassmen's show a lot this year. Very sophisticated stuff. Love that opener, but the section with the flug solo was no slouch.

:)

I have been in the activity for quite some time, and I have never heard such a pure, I mean absolutely pure tone. Quarter finals was flawless! Folks, this is the kind of candidate who should be considered for the Hall of Fame. Too many instructors! In the NFL you have more players than coaches represented, and I think DCI should try to follow in their steps, with more performers than instructors. To this young man, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been in the activity for quite some time, and I have never heard such a pure, I mean absolutely pure tone. Quarter finals was flawless! Folks, this is the kind of candidate who should be considered for the Hall of Fame. Too many instructors! In the NFL you have more players than coaches represented, and I think DCI should try to follow in their steps, with more performers than instructors. To this young man, BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like that idea. Kids who are standouts get Hall of Fame consideration. The only problem I see is that for every performer selected as deserving ,many others who are equally deserving , are left out. Some outstanding performers in DIV. II,III might also not get the proper exposure that would put them in deserved consideration either. But a good suggestion nonetheless.