Happy 25th Anniversary!

I just watched the 79 year again. I must say the 27th Gaurd was the most entertaining visually. People I show it to are amazed. I still think it would be wonderful today. Great job 27th.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooooooooooh!!!!  That'd make 'em 39 NOW!!!! ^0^

Z likes his kittens young!!

mreowr.

Z likes his kittens young!! 

mreowr.

Meowwwwwwww really! Ooh la la uncle!

I cannot tell a lie, it was a young guard, guard members were still marching in 85 & 86 who I had marched with in guard!!

The last captain, who was 18 or 19 in 1986, marched in the 80 guard.....her sister, 2 years older than her was the captain in 84 and 85, so there's a very good example.

Maybe we were just seasoned, as well, we had more 5'7 - 5'9" than 5'5"....the 13 year old was 5'8" in 1979......a tall group, and the hats made it look even taller.

Edited by LancerFi

Maybe we were just seasoned, as well, we had more 5'7 - 5'9" than 5'5"....the 13 year old was 5'8" in 1979......a tall group, and the hats made it look even taller.

I'll bet that's it, because we had a very short guard, by comparison. I was fairly "old" (19, 20 and 21 when I marched Oakland), yet relatively short (only 5'3"). And most of the other girls in the guard weren't much taller than me, though we did have one or two gals who were tall. But they really stood out in comparison with the rest of us, while it sounds like for your guard, that was the norm. And, as you say, the hats would've made you look even taller!

Edited by byline

uncle z, are you going to do 76, 77 and so on? If you do 76, I'm the center rifle next to the 50 on the #1 side....4th once again coming thru the center in Danny Boy.....77 is the very long shot at the end of Can Can and so on...we'll talk.... :rolleyes: ^_^ ^0^

I just watched the 79 year again. I must say the 27th Gaurd was the most entertaining visually.  People I show it to are amazed. I still think it would be wonderful today. Great job 27th.

:blink::rolleyes:

Thank you Jimisback, that means alot to an old heffer like me! b**bs

Why Nancy, I wouldn't say you are a heffer.....in fact you are far from that!

:D

In Boston it's kind of a term of endearment and size does not figure into being a "heffer"......you are right from a normal heffer standpoint, I'm not and your not! :)