1970s Top 3

So, is this "poll" for the top 70s whenever? or is it for the top '70s for the Classic Countdown.

As I recall, these polls (there was one for each decade of the DCI era) were done for the Classic Countdown. As for footage available for 1972 Anaheim Kingsmen, there is a grainy black-and-white clip of their show on the "Brass Roots" video.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, these polls (there was one for each decade of the DCI era) were done for the Classic Countdown. As for footage available for 1972 Anaheim Kingsmen, there is a grainy black-and-white clip of their show on the "Brass Roots" video.

Heh, yeah, I know that Sue. What I'm asking of the person who started the topic is, is he asking us who we want to vote for in the "Next" Classic Countdown or if it's just a general question. If his intention is for C.C., then people are wasting a vote when they write down a Corps that already was shown in the first one. Those shows will not be shown again.

I'm sure most people are aware of this fact, but some may not be. So, they need to think of other "'70s" and "80s" show besides '74 Kingsmen, '75 Madison, '76 Blue Devils and '80 27th.

There is b&w 1971 Kingsmen at World Open footage available from http://www.drumcorpsvideos.com The Haas' have done a nice job of putting these old corps on DVD. I have purchased most of 71 World Open (like Kingsmen, Argonne, SCV, Madison's Alice show) from them and a sampler of Eastern Girl Corps of the era and am totally satisfied with the product.

That is, indeed, an unsolicited testimonial.

RON HOUSLEY

"Black and White: it's how your dog sees drum corps!"

Edited by ffernbus3

There is b&w 1971 Kingsmen at World Open footage available from http://www.drumcorpsvideos.com  The Haas' have done a nice job of putting these old corps on DVD.  I have purchased most of 71 World Open  (like Kingsmen, Argonne, SCV, Madison's Alice show) from them and a sampler of Eastern Girl Corps of the era and am totally satisfied with the product.

That is, indeed, an unsolicited testimonial.

RON HOUSLEY

"Black and White: it's how your dog sees drum corps!"

Hey Ron,

I would also recommend getting some of the Danny Thomas shows too if you can. The camera work/angles are much better than WO and so is the lighting. You can see details much clearer and the closeups are, well, closer! And I must concur that it's a great product worth the $.

Oh yeah, so I'd be a good pinup for Ralph Cramden in my "VK" pants eh? Don't know whether to laugh or cry :worthy:

You are such a FLIRT!! :P

Heh, yeah, I know that Sue.  What I'm asking of the person who started the topic is, is he asking us who we want to vote for in the "Next" Classic Countdown or if it's just a general question.

This thread is the same thread that was started for the first Classic Countdown. As far as I know, there are no votes being taken for a new one. I think folks are just replying to this older thread because they want to.

This thread is the same thread that was started for the first Classic Countdown. As far as I know, there are no votes being taken for a new one. I think folks are just replying to this older thread because they want to.

Duhh, silly me :worthy: . You're right Kiddo. Guess I'm just thinkin' ahead B) .