1970s Top 3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been up on this post but I'll give my top 1970's drum corps.

It's hard to list just 3 so I'll splurge a little.

1970 - Boston Crusaders (although I loved Sac and Troopers)

1971 - World Open was awesome. But I had this affection for 27th. Believe it or not I'm on the album screaming..All right 27th in the opener.

Blue Rock was great, as was Kingsmen.

1973/74/75 SCV was my favorite. Runner ups..Muchachos, Cavaliers, Oakland Crusaders and Kingsmen (74). I mean everyone was great. Kitlies at the world open in74.

1976 - Blue Devils

1977 - Bayonne (biased)

1978 - Bayonne (see above) SCV and I know this will surprise Malibu but I always told Robbie that I liked Crossmen.

1979 - Bridgemen performance in finals, Blue Devils were great especially brass.

1971 - World Open was awesome. But I had this affection for 27th. Believe it or not I'm on the album screaming..All right 27th in the opener.

Blue Rock was great, as was Kingsmen.

That WAS an amazing show...I have a VHS tape of some of the corps (many many times copied...VERY dark...including BR and 2-7...they were great. I have Anaheim too, and yes, they were OK too. :)

I bought a DVD from drumcorpsvideos.com of my corps prelims and finals of that show...if I get some $$$ I'm going to add 2-7 and Blue Rock. We were a respectable 6th at the show.

I also have audio of my corps on a 3-CD set I bought of Garfield from 60-72. The WO is the 71 show they used on the CD.

Mike