1970s Top 3

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Jared, I'm so proud of you!  :)

Anyway, 1977 27th Lancers, that Rocky show is HOT!  :rolleyes:

1978 27th Lancers ( My husband marched that year)

1978 or 1977 Bridgemen, I have to watch again to decide! :)

Haha, why? For talking about the 70's? :huh:

You shouldn't be proud; I forgot the 27th Lancers!! Take Muchachos off my list and add on 27th from 1979...

Haha, why? For talking about the 70's?  :rolleyes:

You shouldn't be proud; I forgot the 27th Lancers!! Take Muchachos off my list and add on 27th from 1979...

Yes for talking about the 70's and knowing about it! :huh: :sshh: And now I'm really proud that you added 27! (Any year, but I have to pick 1978 since my hubby marched that year)! :P Plus I like that year too. But 79 is good too. Actually there really isn't a bad 27 year! (No I'm not prejudice)! b**bs

74's tough, cuz the one show I'd KILL to see again is the Muchachos, and there's no video of it.

I have all the DVD's from that period, and have seen my faves enough that it'd be hard to say I want to watch again and pay for it, BUT if looked at from the perspective of showing the young'uns the best of what the decade had, I'd say

74 SCV

76 BD

77 Bridgemen

Three legend corps in their primes (for that period), and each with a show you could point to and say "you know that thing you all take for granted now? It starts here..."

75 Madison - Rip your face off Brass.

79 27th Lancers - 27th Should be represented and this show would do them justice. I prefer the 80 show but the compettition in the 80's is so tough I couldn't do it. (If you think the 70's are tough wait til we start on the 80's.)

Real tough call for Third - Bridgemen and Spirit should be there.

79 Spirit - It breaks my heart to think I'd eliminate the Bridgemen.

I agree with what has been said about BD's 76 show. An activity changing perfomance. But, my favorite is 86. The 80's are going to be another heartbreaker.