1970s Top 3

SCV 74 (Hey, I want to see myself on the big screen)

Hey, good point! I would like to change one of my choices to 77 Cavaliers. I have a BIG close-up at the end of the show.... my three seconds of fame.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be honest, I have contacted DCI to see if they will allow the 77 Bridgemen to be included. As I stated to them, since this is not about placement or scores but is what the fans want to see, I hope they will allow these votes to count. I am awaiting a response.

I think our community needs to see this corps. and its not about the contoversy, its about the effect that this corps had on drum corps for many years to come. While 76 was the year of the coats, 77 was the year that the Bridgemen threw down the gauntlet and said we are not doing this thing the same old way anymore. And they did it really, really well!!

I will vote for 77 Bridgemen I hope they let it happen

It's funny you should mention that, because it was used as an example today in the bod meeting. Mr. Acheson said that if you wanted 1977 Bridgemen on there, you had to pick that year as many times to get the vote. Well, you get the point. You have to pick one year to get the vote in. I tend to agree. I will probably go there as well, 77 Bridgemen and 80 27. hmm...Sounds good to me. :)

BTW I'm sure you will get your response when they get back in town. But the answer will be yes, after what he said this afternoon in the meeting. :)

'74 SCV

'79 Spirit

'79 Crossmen

'74 SCV

'79 Spirit

'79 Crossmen

Bravo!!

Ms. Malibu will be very happy that you mentioned 79 Crossmen!! They should have been in finals......I thought they were until we became close in 2000.

:sshh: ^0^

:worthy: to the 79 Crossmen, not only for their show, but for their class the night of finals, and for how well they did in 1980 and beyond!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

I have to figure out who else I want besides Bridgemen....hmm...I will have to investigate further.

Bravo!!

Ms. Malibu will be very happy that you mentioned 79 Crossmen!!  They should have been in finals......I thought they were until we became close in 2000.

:sshh:  ^0^

:worthy: to the 79 Crossmen, not only for their show, but for their class the night of finals, and for how well they did in 1980 and beyond!!!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Thanks Nancy, and remember if it weren't for directors like yours and others who spoke to us, I doublt Crossmen would have stuck around to this day. :wub:

Wow....that makes me want to cry that someone actually cared about our show!

Thanks for the vote!  :)

My pleasure! I may have come to 70s drum corps late in life.. but I know a good show when I see one. You guys were fantastic..

Stef