You May Be An Old Phart if...

If you remember when DCI was new.

If you remember when the Host corp of the competition only appeared in exhibition.

Girls on bus playing those singing, clapping songs.

Oh my....it's nice to know that our girls bus (yes it was a girls bus back then) weren't the only ones playing those singing, clapping songs...Like "Gitarzan"....or singing all the words to "Ball Of Confusion"

And yes, host corps didn't compete in their own shows!

and when DCI was new... anyone remember Yankee Circuit, Northeast Circuit, Greater NY circuit..Garden State Circuit??? we did them all!

when CT had 15 corps!!! :P

tall black boots..which I still have and they fit!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surfers were great.

How about you might be old if the automobile that took you to your first drum corp practice; ran on regular gas, had round headlights, didnt have seat belts or a padded dash board, the wood on the sides was real and it was called a "beach wagon".

You hated the car but when you were old enough to get your licence, you wanted to use it to go to the Drive In.

Surfers were great.

How about you might be old if the automobile that took you to your first drum corp practice; ran on regular gas, had round headlights, didnt have seat belts or a padded dash board, the wood on the sides was real and it was called a "beach wagon".

You hated the car but when you were old enough to get your licence, you wanted to use it to go to the Drive In.

Surfers were great.

It was the best time of my life..there were a few former surfers that went to 27..I wish I could have..but I still see lots of the old pharts..quite often

I drove lots of people to practice in my 1967 bel Air Station wagon..

ok..I like to play.."Name that corps colors"

inspection lines... ( before the tall black boots) we wore gold short boots and had to spray paint them before each show...

we also owned 5 blue busses..everyone owned painted school busses.

Oh my....it's nice to know that our girls bus (yes it was a girls bus back then) weren't the only ones playing those singing, clapping songs...Like "Gitarzan"....or singing all the words to "Ball Of Confusion"

And yes, host corps didn't compete in their own shows!

and when DCI was new... anyone remember Yankee Circuit, Northeast Circuit, Greater NY circuit..Garden State Circuit??? we did them all!

when CT had 15 corps!!! :P

tall black boots..which I still have and they fit!

Remember Garden State Circuit well!!!!!!! what a blast!!!!!!!