More "OLD PHART" Ranting...

This may add some 'fuel' to the "Anaheim-SCV '72" debate...or may just be of interest..... I was directed to a REALLY Cool Site http://xkingsmen.com

(I hope the "LINK" works...I still pretty new at this...)

It has ALL the music,from ALL the shows,from the past years...

Plus,you can chose from a number of "Old Pictures",from which-ever year of music have selected...(and a good deal of History,about the corps...for all you "Anaheim NUTZ",like me...)

(I also had a link to a "Des Plains Vanguards"page,but can't seem to find it,today)

If anyone knows where it is,PLEASE pass along the info...THANX!)

I have a "TRIVIA Question"that if there are any "OLD Kingsmen",or anyone from "BLUE ROCK" PLEASE let us know that you're out there...(It may be a VERY

interesting "Bit'o History...)

More Historical "RANTING",soon! Always DANIEL B)

I have a "TRIVIA Question"that if there are any "OLD Kingsmen",or anyone from "BLUE ROCK" PLEASE let us know that you're out there...(It may be a VERY

More Historical "RANTING",soon!    Always    DANIEL B)

Okay, shoot.....

Okay, shoot.....

Mr. BRAGA; The question that I have,concerns the VERY early Kingsmen...(So,maybe you know of someone that might have the knowlage of it's reason...)

In my 1st years of drum corps,I remeber seeing "The Blue Rock",from

Wilmington,Del.I noticed that their uniforms,and those of the Kingsmen,were almost "exactly"the same...But,could never figure-out why a corps named "Blue Rock"had BRIGHT YELLOW "Cadet" jackets?

so,I asked a few of the "Senior Members"...and was told that the same company had made BOTH uniforms...But,because of a "Shipping Error",the orders were sent to the "wrong corps"...

It was too late in the season to do anything about it,so, that's why ANAHEIM was in "BLUE",and Blue Rock was in "Yellow"....Any Truth to that????(it has "bugged me"for all these years) THANX! DANIEL :worthy:

Mr. BRAGA; The question that I have,concerns the VERY early Kingsmen...(So,maybe you know of someone that might have the knowlage of it's reason...)

Wilmington,Del.I noticed that their uniforms,and those of the Kingsmen,were almost "exactly"the same...But,could never figure-out why a corps named "Blue Rock"had BRIGHT YELLOW "Cadet" jackets?

so,I asked a few of the "Senior Members"...and was told that the same company had made BOTH uniforms...But,because of a "Shipping Error",the orders were sent to the "wrong corps"...

It was too late in the season to do anything about it,so, that's why ANAHEIM was in "BLUE",and Blue Rock was in "Yellow"....Any Truth to that????(it has "bugged me"for all these years)    THANX!  DANIEL :worthy:

Glad to see your back,

I enjoyed, and was also a big AK fan.

So on that note, "So very hard to go"

{Tower of Power 1974 AK exit}

Did you get my Pm concerning the "Little BARI PLAY

not so good " ? Best to Ignore, at this point,

seems the only way to shut them up

So if this is true, do you mean that the Seneca Optimists were using BLUE ROCK's

OLD uniforms????

Can anyone clarify this for me???

Well, I know the old BR unis were worn by Avant Garde....don't know if Seneca had them prior.

Y'know....that story about a possible shipping error is the first time I've ever heard anyone explain the yellow on Blue Rock...it actually makes sense, but I'll wait for confirmation....

Well, I know the old BR unis were worn by Avant Garde

WRONG....Seneca sold theirs to Avant Garde

....don't know if Seneca had them prior.

Y'know....that story about a possible shipping error is the first time I've ever heard anyone explain the yellow on Blue Rock...it actually makes sense, but I'll wait for confirmation....

It was too late in the season to do anything about it,so, that's why ANAHEIM was in "BLUE",and Blue Rock was in "Yellow"....Any Truth to that????(it has "bugged me"for all these years)    THANX!  DANIEL :rolleyes:

Wooooaaaaaaaa. Okay, I will ask my old timer friends and see if any of this is true. That is an excellent question. However, I doubt it, as the Kingsmen were orginally in blue satin so to go to yellow would be quite a jump. But as I said, I will ask. Good frigg'n question though.

It was too late in the season to do anything about it,so, that's why ANAHEIM was in "BLUE",and Blue Rock was in "Yellow"....Any Truth to that????(it has "bugged me"for all these years)    THANX!  DANIEL :rolleyes:

Our cadets were ordered in blue. Kingsmen colors were always blue and black. Maybe they just don't want to admit they actually ordered that color.

Chuck $#@%

Soprano

Garden Grove Grenadiers 1964

Kingsmen 1965-1969

U.S. Navy Drum and Bugle Corps 1972

There you have it.

This may add some 'fuel' to the "Anaheim-SCV '72" debate...or may just be of interest..... I was directed to a REALLY Cool Site      http://xkingsmen.com

(I hope the "LINK" works...I still pretty new at this...)

It has ALL the music,from ALL the shows,from the past years...

Plus,you can chose from a number of "Old Pictures",from which-ever year of music  have selected...(and a good deal of History,about the corps...for all you "Anaheim NUTZ",like me...)

(I also had a link to a "Des Plains Vanguards"page,but can't seem to find it,today)

If anyone knows where it is,PLEASE pass along the info...THANX!)

More Historical "RANTING",soon!    Always    DANIEL B)

The xkingsmen site is attracting more alumni than ever. There is even some discussion of revivng the Kingsmen to field a corps in the future. The talk is mostly preliminary and informal, but the desire is their. There are a variety of opinions in the forum and their are some rare photos and old souvenirs to view and download. Thanks for the shout out.