Favorite Drum Corps Personality

George Zingali.

RIP George, this summer is for you!!!!

george.jpg

Thats awesome(the pic and the story).I used to hang out with Johnny and Paul too, back in the day. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mike, remember when Ken wrote out a Kiltie arrangement on a napkin at Dennys?

Dave Devlin

Kingsmen snare 1977 1978

Gail did a lot of his arranging on cocktail napkins. I remember hm scrounging around his red Karmen Ghia looking for bits and pieces of his work!

There are so many people that we have heard about throughout our time in this activity.  Let's hear who yours are.

Mine are.....Donny Allen, Mike Linton, Jerry Kelsey, Ted Key, Tom Peashey, Dick Hoppe, Sledge, Karl Essler.

Start your own now

Two gentlemen come to mind, Vanguard's Gail Royer and Jim Jones of the Troopers. Both were gentlemen in the true sense of the word as well as talented and creative beyond belief. Heaven's gain is the drum corps activity's great loss. May they both rest in peace.

My friend died of pneumonia, I believe. Is this important to you?

Yes. It irritates me very much when such a Legend in the field dies, and

A) I hear about it here, and everyone talks about it. and

B) I don't know what happened to the poor guy.

My friend died of pneumonia, I believe. Is this important to you?

It is to me. I met George when he came out to California and hung out with a friend of mine, Tom Andrews. Our paths crossed through out the years and when I left and then came back, I was kind of hoping he would still be around. alas, it was not to be.

Why wouldn't it be? You seem a bit defensive, are you? Why?

It is to me. I met George when he came out to California and hung out with a friend of mine, Tom Andrews. Our paths crossed through out the years and when I left and then came back, I was kind of hoping he would still be around. alas, it was not to be.

Why wouldn't it be? You seem a bit defensive, are you? Why?

Tansea, in this case complications from pneumonia would be the answer. After a long illness he got a pneumonia.

Tansea, in this case complications from pneumonia would be the answer.  After a long illness he got a pneumonia.

Thanks. I am still sad he is gone, but thanks for the explanation.