Favorite Drum Corps Personality

OK, this is one of my favorites, but not the one I'm looking for...I'll find it!!

EDIT 1980 Olympics....see the coats........it's strange, I have almost the exact picture of the summer! :rolleyes:

Picture006.jpg

Edited by LancerFi

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Yes!!!!

More George!

OK girl, you've got it!

You know I'm looking for the Zingali Party to scan and put up! A few great ones of you, of Peggy T. I love that she usually ends up next to my Mother. My Mother absolutely loves her.....since she was 10 or 11....I have a few nice ones from 94 with a my Mother, Sister, and a few of the staff from my era...it was the day of finals....what fun we had in that tent going thru the show, just the guard!

Sorry, this ones already up in my profile... but I'm looking for a few great ones from tour, etc.....I thought I'd put this up anyway....wow, I was a size 4 at the time this picture was taken, George was so thin, and stripes do nothing but widen.....I'm eeeeek and ugh in this one!!!!

Picture007.jpg

Edited by LancerFi

Yay!

Some pics from the fundraiser would be cool too. Are they having one this year too? I'm a little busy this summer, but if they have one and there is any way I can make it, I will. (or at least write a check or something!)

It was fun seeing Peggy and Marc again, I ended up seeing Marc on and off all summer and he kept teasing me about getting sucked back in to drum corps again.

Thanks Nancy!

Yay!

Some pics from the fundraiser would be cool too.  Are they having one this year too?  I'm a little busy this summer, but if they have one and there is any way I can make it, I will.  (or at least write a check or something!)

It was fun seeing Peggy and Marc again, I ended up seeing Marc on and off all summer and he kept teasing me about getting sucked back in to drum corps again.

Thanks Nancy!

He didn't finish the art work that my sister and I bid on and won!

Of course I didn't ask him to yet....we'll both be in our 60's when it's finished I'm sure!

I saw him in Allentown but didn't mention the art!

I have some fabulous ones of Peggy and Mark, but I'm afraid I may be killed!!

Edited by LancerFi

Kenny Norman, #### yes!!!!! I used to sit and listen to that man for hours in the place in Newport Beach, on the Balboa Pennisula, in 77. I used to watch in awe as he would do full arangements with just his mouth piece.

But most of all, it was an honor meeting George Zingali.

And sit and watch tapes of shows over, and over, and over...I still remember EOC's '75 show....awsome .......memories B) B) Norman NEVER stood still, so much going on in his mind ----alway's

thanks Mike! What about Charlie Groh????

I don't get how you all know who Ghost is.  He was MY drum instructor in the 80's.  And I don't remember any of you back then!!!  ^0^

Oh yes, the man, his drum, the dog, and of course the Teepee.

Ghost was a tenor for life guy, Match Grip to the end, his last year marching

in Boston was 1964, The first year BC won the CYO Nationals. He did hang with,

Drum Line and Gerry through out the sixties. One of my Fav Ghost stories was

when he entered a individual contest, half way through, he throws his sticks in to the crowd, and finish playing with his fingers, and wins. I also heard, BD’s snare line, had BC T shirts under their Uniforms, tells you how great, way back in the sixties, the BC Drum Line was.

All right, all right!!!

For years and years you've all heard about the "Star Mystique" and I think it's time we alumni started breaking the silence about some of it all.  Just about stuff that the statute of limitations has run out on at least...  LOL.

So here is a little story for you about the very beginning of the Star of Indiana. (RIP also)

There we were, Memorial Day weekend 1985.  The Star of Indiana had just had it's first public parade appearance in the Indy 500 Parade.  I can't remember if it was our FIRST public appearance or not because there was that time we went across the highway from corps hall to Oliver Winery and that's all a big blur.  Another story for another time.  (I do recommend their Soft Red!!)

Anyway, a fellow baritone and I had been planning a little wind-down celebration following our first *big* gig to welcome the move-ins to our fine city.  We had decided that a keg of Micholob Dark would suit us well after the weekend so the party was planned.  Never mind that the corps director had forbidden any parties.  This party was going to be off-premise at my place.  Never mind that I was only 20 and not able to actually buy the keg myself - that's what 21+ roommates were for!   ^0^

So the weekend started and a number of the kids were moving in that weekend.  Word started to spread about the "party at Sara's".   I had started to develop friendships with the visual staff, most notably the Garrrrrfield boys, John Sanchez and Paul Perniciaro.   (Eric Sabach hadn't shown up yet.)  Since most people were new to town, Johnny and Paul had me write out directions and a map so they could copy it in the corps office to hand out to people.   ^0^  ^0^

There really isn't too much of a story here - we had a great bash - made arrangements for shuttle service to and from corps hall with designated drivers to avoid any tragedies.  The highlight of the evening was when George made his appearance.   Complete with KAHLAU and CREAM Nancy!!   :P

That picture is from my kitchen - George and I sitting at my table, smoking ciggies, having a drink - I like to call it "Cocktails with George".  I think the striped sweater to the left is Paul P.  George is just holding court and we are all captivated by him and his energy.

We had another party or two before we had to hit the road for first tour.  By then the little gatherings with some of the staff had come to the attention of the director and he was not pleased, needlesstosay.  Before our very first show in Bloomington-Normal, the director gave us a "pep scream, uh, talk" before the show on the way to the gate.  "Just go out there and have a party.  Like a party at Sara's!!!"  For all the trouble I got into that summer, I would like to think that some of my shenanigins were at least somewhat responsible for us winning horns that first night out (in front of Cavvies and Phantom).  But it was most likely that our horn line was on it's way already thanks to a few other drum corps characters like Larry Kirshner, John Simpson and Dave Tippett.

Peace!!

PARTY AT SARA'S!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY BREAK A BIG KEG!!!!

b**bs b**bs :blink: :) :blink::blink::ph34r::worthy::blink: :devin: ^OO^

Edited by ODBC