some old corps photos

Kingmenguard.jpg

Curtsey: A gesture of civility or respect, made esp. by women consisting of a slight lowering of the body with a bending of the knees.

Class: The Anaheim Kingsmen Rifles.

RON HOUSLEY

Class.....Class......Class..........

GABA

Ya know Nancy, I see a lot of similarities between her and YOU.....no kidding! In your pictures I see that "hard corps" expression that is priceless! You rocked girl as a guard captain.....make no mistake about that! One could say the same thing about you..."Just a fabulous picture.....a gorgeous looking specimen!"  :music:

Of course, that is very sweet of you to say and I appreciate it, but there's just something about "her" and that "guard" that I cannot get out of my mind.....

Such beauty while being hard core just doesn't come around that often....I still cannot get over them!!!

Thank you!!!!! Sally too, you're sweet!

Of course, that is very sweet of you to say and I appreciate it, but there's just something about "her" and that "guard" that I cannot get out of my mind.....

Such beauty while being hard core just doesn't come around that often....I still cannot get over them!!! 

Thank you!!!!!  Sally too, you're sweet!

I bet when you saw them at a young age, it etched a forever image of what a guard should be. Something that you carried with you into your 2-7 days as guard captain. They had the presents that demanded respect from the moment you laid eyes on them.....the same thing that 2-7's guard did to a lot of other guards. It's mystic, silent power that mesmerized thousands!

Yes, Nancy, you were walking in Linda's footsteps that paved the way for a legendary color guard......27th Lancers! :worthy::music::worthy:

Malibu, I agree with you 100%. I saw 27th my Junior year in high school (1980) and just was mesmerized by what I saw. Oh, how I wanted to be a 27th Lancer! Hard core (or is that corps? LOL) all the way.

By the way, that's an AWESOME photo of the Anaheim guard...

Just want to remind everyone of this gallery of awesome Moe Knox photos of Anaheim Kingsmen. (I would post them, but I don't want to take away from the website. Besides, there's a bunch of them.)

Every time I look at these photos, I think, "Ah, yes, this is what drum corps is all about!" :music:

Just want to remind everyone of this gallery of awesome Moe Knox photos of Anaheim Kingsmen.

Here's what my employer's message is:

The requested document (http://xkingsmen.com/MoeKnox2/) can not be opened due to it's content. Reason: DDR score = 164. This page will not be displayed because it contains prohibited words or it has exceeded its tolerance of questionable words. If you feel that the restriction in this case is unnecessary and wrongful even, please, send email to internet.access@#$%^&@*.com. Please include work related justification into the opening request.

I'll review those pics later. Thanks for posting the link.

The one thing that I loved about the 27th lancers and Anheim Kingsmen colour guard was their coordination and ONENESS as a color guard.

The other thing that I witnessed about the Kingsmen color guard is when a kid from some corps I hadn't heard of and couldn't tell you today who it was, tried to CUT through the color guard line. Those "OLD SCHOOLERS" who know the tradition of NEVER cutting through another corps lines, can imagine what

happened to the kid.

I have never seen what happened to that kid since but boy, I should felt for him!!!

Stupid kid!!

The one thing that I loved about the 27th lancers and Anheim Kingsmen colour guard was their coordination and ONENESS as a color guard.

The other thing that I witnessed about the Kingsmen color guard is when a kid from some corps I hadn't heard of and couldn't tell you today who it was, tried to CUT through the color guard line. Those "OLD SCHOOLERS" who know the tradition of NEVER cutting through another corps lines, can imagine what

happened to the kid. 

I have never seen what happened to that kid since but boy, I should felt for him!!!

Stupid kid!!

It was not only the color guard, but the whole Corps.

I have witnessed this on a few occassions. One was when this older kid told his friends what he was going to do and he then ran past a Sop player, and then started laughing. The Sop player, without missing a step, went up to him and grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him back through the line. No words, No head turns from the rest of the Corps. They just kept marching. I am sure that guy still remembers this.

GABA

First time poster here on DCP and former Kingsmen. Great picture of our 74 Rifle line above and thanks to whomever posted it. They don't make guards like that anymore. It's all costumes and dancing now - yuck.

As far as people breaking our ranks goes, we were quite serious about it. Nobody did - nobody. I remember at CYO (or Allentown?) the Drum Major of the Muchachos tried it (thought he would have known better) and he didn't fair very well for his efforts.

Nice to see a lot of 2-7 folks here. I loved your Corps and can't hear Crown Imperial without thinking of you folks.

happened to the kid. 

Stupid kid!!

It was not only the color guard, but the whole Corps.

I have witnessed this on a few occassions. One was when this older kid told his friends what he was going to do and he then ran past a Sop player, and then started laughing. The Sop player, without missing a step, went up to him and grabbed him by his shirt and pulled him back through the line. No words, No head turns from the rest of the Corps. They just kept marching. I am sure that guy still remembers this.

GABA

I must admit that I was unaware of this tradition when I had a close encounter with the Kilties contra line :o back in "the day" while trying to get back to my corps behind the stands. I thought I would just quickly step through this nice big breach in their line. It suddenly became much smaller! I got the message :P