some old corps photos

Love those Scouts!

1982ScoutsinRehearsal2.jpg

You know, one the reasons these otherwise boring pictures to rest of the world are actually GREAT

is because (especially in the third, bottom one...) it clearly illustrates the look on all of our faces

from whichever corps we were lucky enough to be a part of, in whatever year, when you've run the

show about a hundred times in that single practice, you hear those words that have tattoo'd

themselves into our brains: OK...LET'S TAKE IT AGAIN FROM THE BEGINNING!" :blink::huh:

Just look at their faces in that shot...and it will all come back to each and every one of you...

I believe I see LancerLegend's bride in the top photo! LL, would you like to confirm?

Her face was almost covered by the first flag from the center on the right, but it's not!!! She's the 3rd rifle from the left, the 4th persons face is covered by a flag and cannot be seen.

That's what we love!!! Full face/body picture!

Once again, LancerFi is protecting all that is good and holy in Lancerville. Yes, that is the fair maiden. She is to Robert's (aka Frack) left. And the picture down below - yes - it is Jerry Ambrogne. Positively from 1981.

And yes Ferb, Spitfire was dumped like a body into the Chelsea Creek after Whitewater and the dismal placement there. It's funny watching the early DCI East show and hearing Spitfire.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what happened to "yonnenana" ... the person who

started this thread? Perhaps it says what happened to her a couple a hundred pages or so ago,

but I guess I missed it when she finally stopped posting here.

Perhaps her scanner exploded? Did DCI come after her for copywrite infringemnet? (doubt it...)

Anyway, I wonder if she even know's that her thread is still going strong and is now 500+ pages

strong... Thanks yonnenana! Great idea for a topic... :huh::blink:

OK, Finleyville Royal Crusaders?????? Butler??????? 1979????????????? Anybody?

RoyalCrusaders1979Maybe.jpg

I really can't remember!

What the heck do I do when I run out of pictures to post? It's getting to be slim pickins! Will I be banished from here forever?

This photo was taken in Columbus, OH (RC) was there in 1980

Disreguard - answered a question which wasn't a question.

Edited by Goldpin

Here is the final piece of the story:

SplitReveries.jpg

These articles were written for our 2001 Reveries reunion book. Most of early history was written by one of the Foley twins who marched during that era (and before) of the sit down. It was confirmed by others who were there! The book also included some very old scores, from 66 and on. I believe I should put them out here for history's sake. corpsreps and Pressbox might be able to use them!!

This article is wrong....in 1980 we came in second by 2.5 <**> <**>

I believe I see LancerLegend's bride in the top photo! LL, would you like to confirm?

Her face was almost covered by the first flag from the center on the right, but it's not!!! She's the 3rd rifle from the left, the 4th persons face is covered by a flag and cannot be seen.

That's what we love!!! Full face/body picture!

I believe that is the lovely Mrs LancerLegend . :huh::blink: