some old corps photos

Let me try again......and I thought I was a pro!

1982Lancers.jpg

I believe that is Kevin Armbruster in the center of the bottom pic. Formerly of the Bluecoats.

Edited by rrheinlen

Hey, Ladies, how bout some half-naked Scouts?

1982ScoutsinRehearsal.jpg

It's great to see this history here! What publication is the full story scanned from?

Can you 27ers clear something up for me? The Reveries (senior) were in fact a junior drum corps and the Reveries (junior) were their feeder corps? Is that right? :rolleyes:

(edit for spelling :P )

ambassadorhorn, I don't believe the authors would mind if you added this to that drum corps Wiki. If you change the first story to 86, maybe all 3 pages can go up. I will ask them and also confirm with George B. that the 66 story is up to speed.

I wonder if I should start putting the scores from our reunion book on this thread? There aren't that many, but some are very interesting. In 1 set of scores only the top 2 finishers are still active. 1 is the Boston Crusaders. They are shows like VFW, World Open, CYO Nationals, etc. Some pre-DCI and some post....

Love those Scouts!

1982ScoutsinRehearsal2.jpg

Wait, Bob was still around during our double flusher? I thought he flew back to California after the 78 season, however I have so much history in my brain, too much smushed in from the time I was 3 on that it's all beginning to run together! Too much information is sometime not a good thing!

I believe he had a much more "delicate" nose, and was not that tall. He was also a womens size 4, at big shows he'd wear my dress up cloths and my gold. Well in 77 he always wore my gold or I couldn't go on the field. That was one of the things I had to do prior to taking the field. You know how one person had to be the last one of the field, or one person had to do the sign of the cross 27 times and so on.

Bob and George especially liked my white pants that unzipped to become shorts. They used to fight over those! I guess if it got too hot it would cool them off, or.....................................maybe not.... :rolleyes:

Bob came back for one year in 79. I remember him well. I knew George wore some of your shorts, but didn't realize Bob was in the mix.

Let me try again......and I thought I was a pro!

1982Lancers.jpg

I believe I see LancerLegend's bride in the top photo! LL, would you like to confirm?

Her face was almost covered by the first flag from the center on the right, but it's not!!! She's the 3rd rifle from the left, the 4th persons face is covered by a flag and cannot be seen.

That's what we love!!! Full face/body picture!

Did someone say something about 2-7?

Whitewater 1982

40bfe502.jpg

Are you sure that's not 81?

From the rifle uniforms it looks like 81, unless they changed from red for some shows in 1982.

Thanks so much, you've got some fabulous photos of so many corps!!

This is from 81. We used the short flags that year in drum solo. In fact you can see the hornline going up the 50 doing the "Bag of Worms".

CRAP! Why do I type 82, when I know it's 81!

One more of the Green Gods. Gotta love that tan line in the first shot. That's my guy in the center picture, in the blue shorts.

1982ScoutsinRehearsal3.jpg

Why'd it come out so big and blurry?

Can someone fix it?

Edited by rrheinlen