some old corps photos

I can't find them! I'll wait to post mine in case they're the same ones.

I have the original pictures from that night and also from the first 2-7 parade, actually the first 2 years of parades, but that first one was amazing. I'll have to dig them up. They're 8 1/2 X 11 or something like that, so I'll need to figure out how to re-size them so that you aren't blurry. I have what one of my sisters wore in that first parade. It's a West Point Jacket.

Usually DanS is very good at Photoshop! I haven't seen Dan at all on this thread.

Dan, you around?

It's great to see this history here! What publication is the full story scanned from?

Can you 27ers clear something up for me? The Reveries (senior) were in fact a junior drum corps and the Reveries (junior) were their feeder corps? Is that right? :rolleyes:

(edit for spelling :P )

Edited by ambassadorhorn

ONKitchenerKiwanisKavaliers1988.jpg

ONKitchenerKiwanisKavaliers19881.jpg

ONKitchenerKiwanisKavaliers19882.jpg

ONKitchenerKiwanisKavaliers19883.jpg

1988 Kiwanis Kavaliers, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

I could have sworn Kiwanis was wearing the red BD uniforms in 1988. this must be from an earlier year then 1988.

It's great to see this history here! What publication is the full story scanned from?

Can you 27ers clear something up for me? The Reveries (senior) were in fact a junior drum corps and the Reveries (junior) were their feeder corps? Is that right? :rolleyes:

(edit for spelling :P )

Exactly. In 1966 and before there were 2 Reveries corps. A Division I or Class A (considered seniors back then), and the juniors were Division III or Class C.

Eventually, when Class A became the Lancers, Class C moved from C, to B, to A. Then both were in Division 1 or A as it was back then from I believe 1970 or 71........until 74 when the Reveries were breaking up, some went to 2-7 (about 30 people) and the rest ended up with North Star.

190.jpg

Here's a shot of the 1981 Bluecoats drum line - the bassline that year played like one man they were so close if one guy screwed up the rest of the line could anticipate it and someone else played the part before it was missed.

I think it's too big to be Bob Stewart, however if it is them, they both have my shorts on.

3 people fit into my clothes, those 2 and me! WHAT FUN! :rolleyes:

And you know this how????? :P

By the way, I haven't got the end yet (so someone may have beat me to it), but I think the 1979 photos that were thought to be from U.S. Open are actually Ypsilanti. I also think the phot of George and Bob are also from the same place.

Attention, Attention. The 27th Lancers folded in 1986, not 1985. I'm so tired of people getting that bit of history wrong. It's even wrong on Star of Indiana's website..and other history websites.. Like 1986 wasn't around or important...I say this in reference to the article Nancy posted about the Reveries, so folks wouldn't be confused by that misprint.

They were around in 1986, I know I was there..Now I return you back to your greatest thread on DCP..... :)

Edited by Lancerlady

And you know this how????? :P

By the way, I haven't got the end yet (so someone may have beat me to it), but I think the 1979 photos that were thought to be from U.S. Open are actually Ypsilanti. I also think the phot of George and Bob are also from the same place.

Ding, ding, you're the winner!!!!! Now it all comes back to me, that's where I took those shots!!

I HAVE slept since then, ya know! :rolleyes:

Thank you, thank you. I had a feeling Marion was wrong.

Oh, and for ODBC, Michelle Reti was with me at that show!

Edited by rrheinlen

Attention, Attention. The 27th Lancers folded in 1986, not 1985. I'm so tired of people getting that bit of history wrong. It's even wrong on Star of Indiana's website..and other history websites.. Like 1986 wasn't around or important...I say this in reference to the article Nancy posted about the Reveries, so folks wouldn't be confused by that misprint.

They were around in 1986, I know I was there..Now I return you back to your greatest thread on DCP..... :)

It's right in Drum Corps Wiki now although there's not much else in the article yet. :)

I'll never forget sitting in the stands at '86 finals seeing members of Two-Seven crying. At the time all I knew is the corps didn't make finals but my sister later filled me in that the corps wasn't coming back the next year. Sad day.