some old corps photos

I just wanted you all to know...My site "Drum Corps of the 60's & 70's" is no more...Someone suceeded in deleting 4 years of work and major history for drum corps...you know who you are so I will not say anymore. I am sorry this all happened but I did have permission to use this pictrues from John Donovan and the pictrues I sold (14) as a matter of fact, I had no way of knowing they had a copyright on it or they were from someone on here. I have only been on here 3 times and I will not be on anymore...Your past history from your corps is gone...it is a sad day for the DRUM Corps World...Marlene

You are welcomed! As much as I love this thread, I may not post any more pictures. From what I understand, permission has been granted to a certain individual to take "our" photos and put them on a website. On that website you can purchase "our" pictures. To me this is flat out WRONG and I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT! :sshh:

The Sony Image Station is by invitation only and not open to the public...I didn't know where else to stor pictures...I am not computer oriented...you don't have to worry now it is all gone...

You are welcomed! As much as I love this thread, I may not post any more pictures. From what I understand, permission has been granted to a certain individual to take "our" photos and put them on a website. On that website you can purchase "our" pictures. To me this is flat out WRONG and I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT!

The incredible history of all the drum corps is gone...Someone did something and Yahoo deactivated my email and the sites that were in that name......ImageStation was my backup in case anything liked this happened but due to all the problems on here I deleted most of them...The History went back to the 1st drumcorps...What a shame... I am 71 years old and now don't have the patience or the health to do it again...Sorry, but whoever did what, knows who he or she is....Marlene Brown PS I am glad you got to view it...I did not know about any other sites like photobucket that someone mentioned...

Malibu,

How many pictures have been stolen, and how do you find them? That lady has a huge amount of pictures on her site, and I looked through a lot of them, and didn't see any from here. Most of what I saw were old photos from the very early days, and a few from different Drum Corps publications. There were also some that were obviously taken by individuals.

I, also, have a huge problem with the fact that these pictures are for sale. But I wonder, just playing devil's advocate here, if this is just a collection of hers, and it is just so happens that these photos are collected on a site that is for photos for sale. That sounds stupid, the way I am explaining myself. What I mean to say is that possibly she does not know of sites, like Photobucket, that so many of us use on here, that allow you to put your collection on the 'net. Perhaps she is harmless? Perhaps she, like us, just wants to share her collection, and this is the only site she found that allows her to do this.

That being said, her collection of photos is incredible. So much history there, so much that I have never seen before. A great group of pictures of well known Drum Corps legends. Maybe someone, (maybe me) could contact her and let her know about free sites and DCP, where she can share without charging. Maybe, just maybe, she never had any intention of making money from these photos.

Just a thought, please don't think I condone the sale of stolen property. I don't. <**>

I believe that Marlene is simply a collector and not in this for any profit. As such she has been webmaster of Drum Corps of the 60s and 70s for several years and is a huge fan of the activity having once been a member of the Audubon Bon Bons. I have sent her many of my personal drum corps photos and am happy to see her post them on the internet for viewing.

Malibu,

How many pictures have been stolen, and how do you find them? That lady has a huge amount of pictures on her site, and I looked through a lot of them, and didn't see any from here. Most of what I saw were old photos from the very early days, and a few from different Drum Corps publications. There were also some that were obviously taken by individuals.

I, also, have a huge problem with the fact that these pictures are for sale. But I wonder, just playing devil's advocate here, if this is just a collection of hers, and it is just so happens that these photos are collected on a site that is for photos for sale. That sounds stupid, the way I am explaining myself. What I mean to say is that possibly she does not know of sites, like Photobucket, that so many of us use on here, that allow you to put your collection on the 'net. Perhaps she is harmless? Perhaps she, like us, just wants to share her collection, and this is the only site she found that allows her to do this.

That being said, her collection of photos is incredible. So much history there, so much that I have never seen before. A great group of pictures of well known Drum Corps legends. Maybe someone, (maybe me) could contact her and let her know about free sites and DCP, where she can share without charging. Maybe, just maybe, she never had any intention of making money from these photos.

Just a thought, please don't think I condone the sale of stolen property. I don't. <**>

I believe that Marlene is simply a collector and not in this for any profit. As such she has been webmaster of Drum Corps of the 60s and 70s for several years and is a huge fan of the activity having once been a member of the Audubon Bon Bons. I have sent her many of my personal drum corps photos and am happy to see her post them on the internet for viewing.

She was definitely in it for the love of the activity and the preservation of the history we all had a hand in making. The "kids" and the pseudo attorneys who apparently don't care for history will be happy now. Let's hear it for the 800 lb gorilla and the almighty buck. Like anyone is going to make a fortune selling or trading drum corps photos! It's like the professional athletes today who think that people are making a living off their autographs. Too many folks too full of themselves. Just MHO.

Bye.

Ray

Edited by Ray Priester