some old corps photos

Ironic thing is the photos portion of the remaining Yahoo group appears to be intact. If the other groups went *poof* because of complaints regarding photos, ya'd think this group would have been affected too.

OK, back to on topic, I don't have a personal website but have a Flickr account which DCPs software doesn't like when I try to display a Flickr pic. Only Jr stuff I have is a pic of 60 or so pins and 30+ mixed patches. Any idea how I can get these pics on this thread. And yes I will email it if someone else wants to post.

And WOW, I though dealing with copies of old DC recordings got rough.

Just a suggestion..........What if someone opened a Some old corps photos discussion forum? Then the controversy could continue, and the original object of some old corps photos could go on. If this subject gets shut down by the mods because of the arguing in here, it would be a huge disappointment.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Roma

Just a suggestion..........What if someone opened a Some old corps photos discussion forum? Then the controversy could continue, and the original object of some old corps photos could go on. If this subject gets shut down by the mods because of the arguing in here, it would be a huge disappointment.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Roma

I'm with you Roma, my daughter wants to see these photos !!

There is now another thread for those of you who still want to discuss this matter, it's called the Discussion of the Historial Photos Conspiracy. Please go talk there and let the others enjoy the photos and keep this discussion off this thread. Thanks.

Edited by ODBC

This is not a moderation issue. This is an issue of people respecting the rights of others and caring enought about the community as-a-whole to do what is right. There's a bit of an 'honor system' involved here, where the rights of others must be considered .... and when we go outside of those boundaries ... we risk loosing the PRIVILEDGES associated.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell, John. Thank you for giving us the privilege of posting here. It's too bad that that privilege has not been universally respected the way it should have been. And sad to say, but ignorance is no excuse as far as the law is concerned. The burden is on us to know what our rights and responsibilities are, especially when using others' property, not the other way around. The easiest way to get past this--always--is to have enough respect for the original copyright owner to ask permission, and then if given permission, to not exceed the boundaries of what was agreed to. That's all there is to it. But apparently this has not happened in all cases, and this is why we now have this mess on our hands.

We can wail all we want about how it used to be, but the reality is that this is the world we live in now. And frankly, all the complaints about observing copyright law ignore one basic fact: These laws were upgraded to protect the rights of the copyright owner. In many cases, this is not some vast corporate entity, but an individual artist who is struggling to get by, as it is, and needs whatever income can be derived from copyrighted work. And beyond that, the copyright holder should be the one who gets to decide how and where his/her work is distributed. It's that simple.

Edited by byline

For the love of Pete, what the heck has happened here?

I've been in correspondence with Marlene at DCot60's and 70's or the past few years and even sent her some pictures that I'd also posted here - now HER site is down and we're losing photos HERE?

What is going on?

I've been in correspondence with Marlene at DCot60's and 70's or the past few years and even sent her some pictures that I'd also posted here - now HER site is down and we're losing photos HERE?

What is going on?

some ethical issues relating to grabbing other peoples personal photos posted here and selling them.

We're trying to open another thread to discuss the issue so John might not feel the need to close THIS thread...

What is going on?

The upshot of what has happened, as far as I can tell, is that Marlene has sold photos posted by people in this thread. Now, I honestly don't know what her intentions where. Several posts have gone into this, that it may just have been that she didn't realize she's not supposed to do that. But the end result is that she did, and apparently on more than one occasion. That got people here upset, and one or more of them have pulled their photos from this thread, apparently because they don't want to risk this happening again. And now somehow, most of Marlene's Yahoo! sites have been shut down. We don't know by whom. Yahoo! or Marlene? Marlene indicates that she wasn't the one who did it, so it must've been Yahoo! but Yahoo! isn't giving an explanation.

That's my take on it, and I apologize if I got any of the essential facts wrong!

The upshot of what has happened, as far as I can tell, is that Marlene has sold photos posted by people in this thread. Now, I honestly don't know what her intentions where. Several posts have gone into this, that it may just have been that she didn't realize she's not supposed to do that. But the end result is that she did, and apparently on more than one occasion. That got people here upset, and one or more of them have pulled their photos from this thread, apparently because they don't want to risk this happening again. And now somehow, most of Marlene's Yahoo! sites have been shut down. We don't know by whom. Yahoo! or Marlene? Marlene indicates that she wasn't the one who did it, so it must've been Yahoo! but Yahoo! isn't giving an explanation.

That's my take on it, and I apologize if I got any of the essential facts wrong!

Perhaps the folks at Yahoo! were nervous about being held liable for permitting the continuance of a copyright infringement.

They have no responsibility to any 3rd party to explain their actions and certainly retain the right to remove any content that infringes on any person's copyright (as do I). All it takes is one complaint, folks ..... and POOF! .... they're gone.

-john

Good point, John.

Perhaps the folks at Yahoo! were nervous about being held liable for permitting the continuance of a copyright infringement.

They have no responsibility to any 3rd party to explain their actions and certainly retain the right to remove any content that infringes on any person's copyright (as do I). All it takes is one complaint, folks ..... and POOF! .... they're gone.

-john

I vote we change this thread to "Some old Welsh Corgi photos"

OriginalEarAmps.jpg

pembroke-welsh-corgi-0016.jpg