some old corps photos

How come we didn't get invited to this site?

Was it members only or something?

How would all of that work go away?

You had to sign up....it was open to anyone actually, after the mods approved...even I was/am a member. :blink:

I stopped visiting after a while as my own views are even less welcome there than they are here! :P

1. Malibu never claimed that her own personal photos were ever up for auction on eBay - only one by Ed Ferguson that she had coincidentally posted a copy of on DCP. Chickie has responded, claiming she acquired that photo from the original photographer. If what Chickie was selling was merely another legally acquired, limited-edition print of that same photo, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Unless she purchased the right to resell...I don't think that is true, but I am no attorney.

It's like purchasing a CD or DVD, copying it, and selling the copies for profit.

Unless of course I am misreading you.

Mike

I have been a member of both these groups since their early days and from what I have observed of Marlene's activity (her group is also a discussion board with lots of great old drum corps stories), her heart is definitely in the right place. She has an immense love of the activity and a desire to preserve it for posterity.

Alright, then. I think we can all learn this lesson rather quickly - posting material on Yahoo! does not "preserve" anything, apparently. I'd suggest that those seeking to rightfully preserve things should look for a more permanent medium.

Alright, then. I think we can all learn this lesson rather quickly - posting material on Yahoo! does not "preserve" anything, apparently. I'd suggest that those seeking to rightfully preserve things should look for a more permanent medium.

Amen.