some old corps photos

This is odd to me about the site just disappearing. I see that the alumni site is still up.

The "Alumni" site is not up, the only one still here is the Jr. Corps "A" to "B" site

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/drumc...ofthe60sand70s/

-----> photos of Junior corps A-B

Anyway...I'm sure y'all could start another Yahoo group just like you did that one and transfer your files. It's not that hard really. Good luck.

Thank you for your suggestion, it's not as easy as just starting over, (until we KNOW what happened and why) and as some of the information is no longer available. I do not know if ALL of the data was backed up beyond what has already been stated. IE: Her Sony's ImageStation account. Thank you for your "good luck" wishes....If you can just imagine having lost ALL of the data and photos here in just THIS thread, it would take all of us many, many hours to reconstitute this thread. Times that by 9 more....literally 1,000's of photos and DC memorabilia. I'm sure we all can understand if just our DC memorabilia was deleted and how much effort it would take to do it all over again. Now think of the effort it would/will take for dozens of us that had taken many years to put together the first time.

Always burn your work to a cd or floppy disk in the future if you haven't done so, that way everything will be on file always and you will be in control of it, just a heads up.

ALWAYS good advice, no matter what data we are talking about...

In my experiences as a Mechanical Engineer, (sadly enough) the problem with common sense, is that it's not very common.....

Thank you, DCP friends as we work to resolve this.....

Yours in Corps,

Tony

dcot60sa70s Mod

The "Alumni" site is not up, the only one still here is the Jr. Corps "A" to "B" site

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/drumc...ofthe60sand70s/

-----> photos of Junior corps A-B

Thank you for your suggestion, it's not as easy as just starting over, (until we KNOW what happened and why) and as some of the information is no longer available. I do not know if ALL of the data was backed up beyond what has already been stated. IE: Her Sony's ImageStation account. Thank you for your "good luck" wishes....If you can just imagine having lost ALL of the data and photos here in just THIS thread, it would take all of us many, many hours to reconstitute this thread. Times that by 9 more....literally 1,000's of photos and DC memorabilia. I'm sure we all can understand if just our DC memorabilia was deleted and how much effort it would take to do it all over again. Now think of the effort it would/will take for dozens of us that had taken many years to put together the first time.

ALWAYS good advice, no matter what data we are talking about...

In my experiences as a Mechanical Engineer, (sadly enough) the problem with common sense, is that it's not very common.....

Thank you, DCP friends as we work to resolve this.....

Yours in Corps,

Tony

dcot60sa70s Mod

Tony do you think DCI had anything to do with the photos being deleted? It is odd that a website would do that and not contact the owners first.

I wish you all good luck in resolving the issue.

Tony do you think DCI had anything to do with the photos being deleted? It is odd that a website would do that and not contact the owners first.

Good to see you again, Malibu.

No Yahoo will drop a group with absolutely no warning for any number of reason, with no regard for the content. I have seen it before.

Actually, it's similar:

Go to "Browse", click on a pic, and then click on any of the icons at the upper left of the screen.

You can order prints, posters, photo albums, t-shirts etc. with that picture on it for a price...

(Shrug)

Anyway, I for one believe Marlene when she said she only used Imagestation as a backup for her Yahoo sites.

(Whether that was a wise choice is another matter, but it seems she just didn't know any better...)

As for the eBay listing, I also believe her when she said she was just trying to get rid of a duplicate set she was charged for...

(Again, I believe she just didn't think it through...)

I've "known" Marelene through her Yahoo group for a couple years now, and I don't think she's the type to consciously do anything wrong - she's just naive...

And her selfless desire to preserve and share drum corps history is unquestionable...

Just my $2/100!

:)

I believe the Diceman is 100% right on in his perspective of this firestorm. So if you glossed over this, read it again! I have been a member of both these groups since their early days and from what I have observed of Marlene's activity (her group is also a discussion board with lots of great old drum corps stories), her heart is definitely in the right place. She has an immense love of the activity and a desire to preserve it for posterity. Any copyright infringement I also believe was most likely the result of naivete and/or poor judgement. I thought that with my over forty years of involvement in the activity I understood the scope of it. What I learned through Marlene's diligent photo collecting was that the activity was even more amazing than I could have imagined. I certainly owe her a debt of gratitude.

If you are talking about the photographer Charlie Johnson...he gave me the rights to them....He also sent me cd's so I culd put them on easier.....I may have used a few pics but you and your people that helped you stole a lifetime of history... I will NEVER do it again... I am out of drum corps after 50 years ... I quit!! Yahoo or any of you had no right to steal 4 years of my life that I got nothing for, ziltch ... I always believed share them pictures so others can enjoy them anyway so now I am free to do what I want with what I have left.... What goes around will come around....Marlene Brown

Maybe as far as that website is concerned, but I do know that when photo's disappear after a picture has been deleted from photobucket that does happen.

But the only one who can delete their accounts from Yahoo is the person who created them or Yahoo....I know I don't know how to do that kind of computer stuff..so I KNOW it wasn't me and I don't appreciate being implicated as such (in earlier posts).

And yes she did have pictures from others that didn't belong to her, I saw some from our website that was donated to us from a professional photographer, and as Nancy and Sandy said she got some of theirs too..but I'm not going to argue about it. Anyway all she had to do was ask for permission....

And NO I didn't complain to Yahoo about it but maybe somebody else did.

I also have a letter from John Donovan saying I can use the pis from DCA as long as I put them (Compliments of DCP) and I did that...on the site...

If you are talking about the photographer Charlie Johnson...he gave me the rights to them....He also sent me cd's so I culd put them on easier.....I may have used a few pics but you and your people that helped you stole a lifetime of history... I will NEVER do it again... I am out of drum corps after 50 years ... I quit!! Yahoo or any of you had no right to steal 4 years of my life that I got nothing for, ziltch ... I always believed share them pictures so others can enjoy them anyway so now I am free to do what I want with what I have left.... What goes around will come around....Marlene Brown

UGH...here we go again, no I am not talking about that photographer and "me and my people" did nothing of the sort Marlene. You sent me an email saying you were tired of and were taking the site down yourself. Nobody stole anything Marlene and please quit coming on here accussing us of doing so.

And for the last time...all we did was ask you to quit selling photos on ebay that is all. Whatever happened to your site, you did and I remember now you sent me that email you said, "I am done fighting with you, I am taking down the site 4 years of hard work gone down the drain". First off I wasn't fighting with you, but you kept coming after me like you are doing here and took something and blew it way out of proportion. All anybody did was ask you not to sell photos that didn't belong to you. Nobody asked you to take your site down.

And you're right what goes around does come around and that goes for people making accusations that aren't true.

Now this is it..I am done with this subject.

Edited by Lancerlady

ok, alittle background. I was the original founder of the Drum Corps of the 60s & 70s yahoo group. My intent was the have a place to post old pics, share stories, and even had afew poor quality music file up there for folks to download(from prior to 73). Never had any problems. About 4 years ago, I became involved with a dream -the ressurection of the Bridgemen, and had started groups for Bmen alumni, which soon became 2-then 3. I kinda began backing off the 60s & 70s group, but Marlene took over did an absolutely fantastic job of keeping it going-and it just grew & grew-intoa total of 10 groups-far beyond anything I could have expected. There was intermittant bickering, just the usual, but nothing vindictive.

Now, after all the work this lady has put in(how many thosands-and I mean thosands of hours) all of a sudden yahoo pulls the plug? After all this time- I doubt yahoo did this without a provocation. It doesnt matter where it came from, what matters is that a great repository of out history has been lost, and a wonderful dedicated person, who has devoted her life -LITERALLY- to the preservation of our history has been deeply hurt. I would encourage anyone who has been in those groups to let Marlene know that we all support her, and thank her for the wonderful work she has done for us all.

Benny

I am asking everyone to stop the speculation as to "who" is responsible for whatever happened to the dcot60sa70s Yahoo Groups. We are, at this time, waiting to hear from Yahoo. I have NO idea as to who had anything to do with this....I will NOT get involved in this guessing game some wish to play. (including those involved with the dcot60sa70s Yahoo DC Groups) Malibu, Thank you for your support in that we get to the bottom to this and to getting this resolved.

Here are the FACTS, as I know them at THIS time.....

1, Marlene DID NOT close down her own dcot60sa70s Yahoo DC Group(s) sites.

2, ALL but the first dcot60sa70s Yahoo DC Group are GONE. (9 total)

Please....everyone, let us return THIS thread to what WE ALL come HERE for, SOME OLD CORPS PHOTOS.

Respectfully, Yours in Corps,

Tony

dcot60sa70s Mod

And a member of this DC forum that would like to see this thread continue ON TOPIC